Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cockpit flooring (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87437-cockpit-flooring.html)

cig1988 09-23-2004 03:47 AM

Re: Cockpit flooring

My '88 Bullet has the white texured finish, the '89 has a light grey Pirelli floor. I see up's and downs on both but prefer the white sand texture. The Pirelli unless its white is a big ouch on the feet, unless its white I'm sure it would be fine. Also it seems porous and a pain in the A** to keep clean.
The textured may be hard on the feet but alot easier to clean.

Jassman 09-23-2004 06:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had Pirelli flooring in my Thunder, really liked it. BUT... I have tight loop Berber carpet that snaps into cockpit floor, like it alot more, absorbs bumps, and when I clean it I just vacuum it and wash the floor underneath. Its not the berber you find in homes, its more of a commercial type, with a foam center, and a rubber type backing so it doesnt slide around. Jeff

Stormrider 09-23-2004 06:31 AM

I have grey pirelli tile that needs to be replaced. Its aged and stained and will not come clean.
It is the true pirelli, light grey w/ 1/2" raised circles. Each circle has a textured finish. It does not get hot or hold sand and loose dirt.
I am looking for suggestions too. And I'd like to see more links or pics of what can be offered.

Chris 09-23-2004 06:35 AM

I have Pirelli in my Active Thunder, I am thinking about having a snap in carpet made. Pirelli is not as easy to keep clean as everyone thinks; when its dirty, its DIRTY. I scrub the floor every few weeks, I like my boats to look brand new. Pirelli doesn't absorb as well as carpet in the rough.

jawbreakerkid 09-23-2004 08:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I installed the Lonseal product in Speed Racer and had very good luck with it. The product was called Londeck Wave. It is the external, UV and stain resistant version of the Lonwave. It was introduced into the market in Feb. of this year. Lonseal claims no yellowing and no staining from oil, fuel, etc.

here are before and after pictures....

chad

thedonz 09-23-2004 03:54 PM

websites or distributors for Pirelli, Lonseal, etc.????

Blue Pantera 09-23-2004 06:05 PM

I have Lonseal in my cockpit it looks great but it"s tough to keep clean. I have raised white coin.

Brian Crane

DannyD 09-23-2004 09:55 PM

Does anyone have sample pieces of used or new Pirelli flooring? We are always looking for material to do R&D with for a new cleaning solution for those that have this type flooring in their boats. For carpeting, we do have cleaning solutions both on a wipe or in quart bottles.

Stormrider 09-24-2004 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
I had Pirelli flooring in my Thunder, really liked it. BUT... I have tight loop Berber carpet that snaps into cockpit floor, like it alot more, absorbs bumps, and when I clean it I just vacuum it and wash the floor underneath. Its not the berber you find in homes, its more of a commercial type, with a foam center, and a rubber type backing so it doesnt slide around. Jeff

Jeff, who did your carpet for you?
I'd like to find something a bit padded.

lakeluvr 09-24-2004 08:45 AM

For nice thick custom carpet we have been using a company called R & R Textiles for quite some time and are quite happy with them. They now have a program for end users like yourself to have carpet made. Basically you make a pattern off the floor of your boat and send it to them. They will make the carpet based on your pattern and bind the edges, it will have a rubber backing so it will be a drop in piece and won't require snaps. Their website is "rrtextiles.com" .
Good luck.
John
www.sunriseuph.com