Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'll be in NOrthern Vermont and then Maine nest weekend... With Cord! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87560-ill-northern-vermont-then-maine-nest-weekend-cord.html)

Waterfoul 09-24-2004 06:56 PM

I'll be in NOrthern Vermont and then Maine nest weekend... With Cord!

We're taking Cord's Cummins Dodge for better fuel mileage. Making two trips into one... gonna visit my aunt and uncle in St. Albans VT. Friday and then head over to Maine on Sat. to meet up with Audio to get a long block from him. We might even whip the Donzi around the lake a few times, right Jon???:D

Should be a great trip! Gonna take the Canada route thru Sarnia, MI then thru upstate NY, across the northern tip of Lake Champlaine and into VT. I haven't been there in about 15 years or so... haven't seen my cousins since then either. I'm really looking forward to this trip... Cord has never been further east than my house here in Michigan. He's gonna love the Northeast!

Oh and Audio, don't forget the block!!!!!! :eek:

'Foul

Waterfoul 09-24-2004 07:05 PM

Re: I'll be in NOrthern Vermont and then Maine nest weekend... With Cord!

I see I can't spell in the thread title either eh?

BonnieOutlaw 09-24-2004 07:27 PM

Well, if/when you're in Rochester...toot and say hi. :)

Formula Outlaw 09-24-2004 09:14 PM

What part of Maine will you be in????

glassdave 09-24-2004 10:00 PM

foul thats a great route to take out east. i've done it several times to go skiing and climbing in the White mountains. somthing to think about is gas stations are kinda few and far between in some areas. you might want to throw a couple of full gas cans in the truck just in case. i have had a few close calls out there. have fun guys.

Waterfoul 09-24-2004 11:20 PM

Fuel shouldn't be a problem.... Tim's truck has a big tank and gets about 20 mpg at cruise. I've made this trip several times over the years since high school. I cross into NY at Cornwall, into the Mohawk nation in upstate NY. We'll fuel up at the border in Sarnia, then go until we can't go anymore (safely!), splash enough in to get us to NY, and get a full tank at a Mohawk station.... the taxes they pay are less and their fuel is usually cheaper than most. See... I have a PLAN!!!! :D

Cord 09-25-2004 08:31 AM

Does anybody need something transported from coast to coast? :D

floatingphil 09-25-2004 10:08 AM

Plan to miss Toronto rushhour traffic on Hwy 401. If you can't, take the Hwy 407 Toll Road around the top of the city to save time. It's free with MI/WI plates.
Phil

Waterfoul 09-25-2004 12:22 PM

Yeah, anyone need anything delivered to the northeast? The Toronto area?

hp500efi 09-25-2004 12:28 PM

Make sure Deanna bakes plenty of cookies for you fools :) :p

Have a safe trip guys and stay out of trouble :drink: