Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trim Tabs (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87676-trim-tabs.html)

JUSTONCE 09-27-2004 01:38 PM

Trim Tabs

I'm in a dilema (as usual) lake Erie Stole one of my tabs last weekend and I'd now I'm deciding weather to go with a new set of tabs or used. All I need Is both left and right tabs with rams, but no pump. Does anyone got anything laying around so I can finish my season off. :(

Outlawcowgirl 09-27-2004 04:31 PM

Re: Trim Tabs

JO-
I would suggest Victory Tabs. I am not sure if Brian sells the rams but his work on the tabs/plates is AMAZING! He is a true class act. He went above and beyond customer service with me. He actually made me a custom set of tabs/plates! He is great to work with.

-Carrie

Dueclaws 09-27-2004 05:23 PM

What brand of tabs do you have? I have a set of 280 K-Planes (1991)that work, but are rough. $490 for both sides, no pumps.
Due

JUSTONCE 09-29-2004 02:08 PM

Thanks guys, My problem is that I'm selling my boat and don't want to dump a ton more non-recoupable money in it. The victory tabs are a killer deal, and Freds tabs are almost too pretty to put under the waterline.If I were keeping the boat this would be the 2 choices for me to pick from, but I'm considering a cheaper option just to finish my season, like maybe someones old tabs from before they bought these guys products.
Dueclaws: thanks thats the sort of thing I'm looking for but again mre $$$ than I want to put in this boat.
Sucks cause its a sweet little boat but there is no market out threre for it. I'll prolly part it out next spring. :(

rchevelle71 09-29-2004 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by JUST ONCE
Thanks guys, My problem is that I'm selling my boat and don't want to dump a ton more non-recoupable money in it. The victory tabs are a killer deal, and Freds tabs are almost too pretty to put under the waterline.If I were keeping the boat this would be the 2 choices for me to pick from, but I'm considering a cheaper option just to finish my season, like maybe someones old tabs from before they bought these guys products.
Dueclaws: thanks thats the sort of thing I'm looking for but again mre $$$ than I want to put in this boat.
Sucks cause its a sweet little boat but there is no market out threre for it. I'll prolly part it out next spring. :(

Just Once,

If you have the boat in one piece next spring, and it is not sold at that point, and I am working by then(about to get laid off, but have a LOT of good leads), I know, a lot of AND's, I will be interested, I have been looking to get something like yours for a while, and just finally got the credit cards paid off, and the layoff thing comes around.

Lets make a deal.

Rick

fund razor 09-29-2004 02:21 PM

Sounds smallish... can you get by with Bennetts? You can get individual bennett parts. About 80 bucks per ram and a little less for the tabs (smallish).

What about a boneyard?

JUSTONCE 09-29-2004 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Time is not on my side though. I could piece it together but I've been working alot and only can search from my desk. :rolleyes:
Rchevelle71: fair enough, With my new job I won't have much time to boat so If I still have it and you are interested I will make you a very good deal for her.

rchevelle71 09-29-2004 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by JUST ONCE
Time is not on my side though. I could piece it together but I've been working alot and only can search from my desk. :rolleyes:
Rchevelle71: fair enough, With my new job I won't have much time to boat so If I still have it and you are interested I will make you a very good deal for her.

Great,

Now I guess I gotta make sure I get a job, dont worry, I'll be in much bigger trouble than not having a boat if I dont. Cool Looking Boat, I am sure the lady will love the paint, It'll look great floating in Lake Boca.

Rick