Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which boat? and Why? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87757-boat-why.html)

Chris 09-28-2004 04:42 PM

Which boat? and Why?

I am seriously looking at a new boat in the 35 foot range. I am 99% sure my mind is made up on my next boat. However I would love to hear opinions on all of the boats that made my short list or any others that stand out.
These are the boats that made my list:

33 Active Thunder
35 Cigarette
33 PowerPlay
34 Saber
35 Sutphen

Things that are important to me are in order:
1. Hard Core rough water performance
2. Build quality
3. cabin / cockpit size
4. speed
5. did I mention; rough water performance

All of these boats in my opinion are awesome boats and I would be privileged to own any one of them. The only thing holding me back is my current ride.

Don Adams 09-28-2004 04:48 PM

Re: Which boat? and Why?

Formula top quality

Wasabe 09-28-2004 05:01 PM

CIGARETTE Duuuuuuuuuur. It crushes waves better then anyother offshore boat. You know that ;)

getreal 09-28-2004 05:02 PM

I don't know way anyone would but a "V" over a "cat" but the 35' Nordic would be my choice.

birdog 09-28-2004 05:04 PM

Quite a list !!!!....But...... Only one has the big red 1 !! :D

articfriends 09-28-2004 05:26 PM

Chris,your requirements are alot like mine,i plan on jumpimg up to 35 range for my next boat,was the 35 fountain's cabin/cockpit too small to make your list,just curious,Smitty

thedonz 09-28-2004 06:14 PM

well i like your taste very much but like birdog said only one has that #1 and we all know which is the best in the rough cig or apache. i also love the 33 powerplay but then again ya want cabin , and their cabin are very plain. i don't like cabin at all but then again i will never but never use it. keep us posted

donz jr mike :D

birdog 09-28-2004 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by articfriends
Chris,your requirements are alot like mine,i plan on jumpimg up to 35 range for my next boat,was the 35 fountain's cabin/cockpit too small to make your list,just curious,Smitty

Fountains do what they do, very well, but.......
See above.....Points 1 & 5

BADA BING 09-28-2004 06:26 PM

Opinion only:
Cig Cafe is a solid choice, the 353 Formula is another great choice and priced used...you could get a newer boat like a 99 or 2000 with 500efi power compared to buying a cafe that is 10 years old with tired power.

The other option to consider, you can find some fairly new 38 SCARABS on the market now within a price range of 90-130k, I am assuming this is the price range you are in by the list of boats you listed.

Others here on the board will probably have some useful advice, give it a day or two and then start your hunt for the right boat :cool:

frequentflyer 09-28-2004 06:39 PM

PowerPlay... No bias here... hehe :D