Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig Or Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87763-cig-apache.html)

SLINGSHOT 09-29-2004 02:38 PM

Re: Cig Or Apache

Originally Posted by Tonto
APACHE
ENOUGH SAID..............

respect!

JUSTONCE 09-29-2004 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
I can't argue with that after last night. One of my good friends bought it and Doug thinks I may have trouble with him in the rough. I told him last night that next summer we will find out. The new owner has never owned an offshore boat so I'm giving him the fall and winter to learn how to drive it. I told Curt last night we need to thrash him everytime we go out for the next 6 months cause there may be a payback we don't like in our future. Awesome ride. :cool: NK

I don't understand, How will you have trouble keeping up in the rough, other than the rigging of triples aren't both of your boats very similar 41 saber hulls.

thedonz 09-29-2004 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Like this one ??? :D

actually, I was thinking more along the lines of this one :D :D :D

thedonz 09-29-2004 03:44 PM

Leopajm,

which boat is that in #42? who owns it and where is it located?

WickedWon 09-29-2004 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by JUST ONCE
I don't understand, How will you have trouble keeping up in the rough, other than the rigging of triples aren't both of your boats very similar 41 saber hulls.

There's a whole lot more to making a boat "work" in the rough than people think. Trips, CG, X dimensions, throttle response, total weight ect..( not the driver, in this case he sucks :D ). The sweet spot in that sucker is right where you can use it when it's kick'n, his is the only boat that's really made me get REAL serious to run with ( note I didn't say pass) when it's been really rough. It's got speed that you can use when other ( faster) boats are choking on the conditions.

LEOPAJM 09-29-2004 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
Leopajm,

which boat is that in #42? who owns it and where is it located?

"FatBoy" is here in Cleveland Ohio ... I know it's been for sale off and on this past year. Motors are 1100 or 1200 or 1300 hp Gellners ????

not sure if the guy still want to sell or not ???

JM

Spicy 09-29-2004 04:22 PM

Apache.... I rode w/ Brian H. from Delaware Bay Indian River Inlet To Ocean City Inlet back in '95 in some nasty water in a 41 Apache "GERONIMO", Boatpix chased us the hole way....... I've held the upmost respect for that brand eversense.

DirtyMoney 09-29-2004 04:32 PM

What are you looking to spend??

Nauti Kitty 09-29-2004 10:54 PM

Of the three 41 Sabers mine has the least throttle response which can certainly help flatten an occasional rouge wave, but I do have similar weight , a little more speed, big balls, no brains and a golden arm :rolleyes:

Well maybe not golden but at the very least, a somewhat experienced hunger for rough water driving. I still have a fighting chance and I do have that "extra" 2 feet in the water. :drink:

Nauti Kitty 09-29-2004 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=TwinStepGun]:D :D

The key is, they both need big power! Without it, the Apache and the old Gun's are a different animal. No other boat compares to either.

Big power and #6's. That says it all. :D

BTW Sounds like you are buying for the first three nights in Key West. :drink: NK