Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig Or Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87763-cig-apache.html)

thedonz 09-28-2004 06:26 PM

Cig Or Apache

I Have Been Wanting To Bring Up This Thread For A Long Time But I Haven't Cause I Don't Want It To Lead To No Disrespect Or Arguments. I Know That There Both Pretty Much The Same Hull (38 /41) But If Ya Had The Choice Of Picking Between A 38 Cig (gun) Or A 41 Apache What Would Ya Get And Why. Please No Arguments !!!

donz jr mike

frequentflyer 09-28-2004 06:44 PM

Re: Cig Or Apache

Cig. Even if they are the same boat and they ride the same, I would go with a Cig because of the name recognition and resale value. I would figure that you are more likely to sell your Cig faster than your Apache.
People that know nothing about boats still know Cigs... No disrespect to Apache, even if they are a better boat, we don't keep boats forever and name recognition is important at that level of investment.

BADA BING 09-28-2004 06:59 PM

When it says # 1, that means only "1" thing...1st choice :D

I met Bobby from Apache last year, great guy, but the name and the brand are really no more (no disrespect) with Cigarette...it's the legend and the legend lives on :cool:

Chris 09-28-2004 07:04 PM

Saber!!! If you want a NEW boat with the same hull as the Apache.

bryanspeedracer 09-28-2004 07:16 PM

I'm curious, How could the 38 Cig and 41 Apache be the same hull? I've heard this before with the 38 Top Gun and 36 Gladiator.

How do they do that? Raise the freeboard? Am I nuts?

I couldn't decide on either. It's like Pam Anderson vs. Carmen Electra. Both hot in their own way and far too expensive for me to maintain.

Steve_H 09-28-2004 07:25 PM

Apache

there rare , therefore easier to sell imho. supply and demand!
plus i wanted something different.......

ApacheCarl 09-28-2004 07:32 PM

A 41 Apache is almost a full 4' longer than a 38 Top Gun. A 41 Apache is 41' 6" and a Cig Top Gun is 37' something( I can't remember off the top of my head, must be getting old :( ) That 4' makes a difference in the rough stuff. You really should compare the 41 Apache with a 42 Cig. Just my humble opinion :)

Havasu Cig 09-28-2004 07:37 PM

If you are comparing a new T/S Gun to the Apache it is Cig hands down. Throw some 700's in the Gun and you will be running over 100. Throw some 1000's in the Apache and you would be lucky to see mid 90's. Both awesome boats though... :cool:

Pantera1 09-28-2004 07:40 PM

Apache

BLee 09-28-2004 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
If you are comparing a new T/S Gun to the Apache it is Cig hands down. Throw some 700's in the Gun and you will be running over 100. Throw some 1000's in the Apache and you would be lucky to see mid 90's. Both awesome boats though... :cool:

Yep.