Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   poll- when will gas trailer queen YOU ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87766-poll-when-will-gas-trailer-queen-you.html)

Clay Washington 09-29-2004 05:43 AM

Re: poll- when will gas trailer queen YOU ???

Originally Posted by Formulabill
GAS is the cheapest part of owning a BOAT!!!!!!

Exactly! Gas could be $5/gallon, and I would still go boating.

Indy 09-29-2004 07:39 AM

With China, India, Japan, and the US putting increased strain on a gas supply infrastructure that is unstable at best, these price increases and fluctuations are here to stay. While modest increases might not keep me off the water, it could have an impact with the purchase of my next boat, opting for a single instead of a twin. I put a lot of hours on the boat each year and I don't have a bottomless wallet. If it ever hit $5.00, that would mean a $500 fill up @ 100 gallons. Doing that once a week or at best once every other week would definitely affect my boating lifestyle. I guess I'm not as fortunate as those posting above, but at prices close to or near double what it is now could put me out of boating, at least high performance. The good news is that nobody is predicting prices that high, but significantly higher than normal is not out of the question in the next few years. Bottom line...will it affect my boating lifestyle in some manner? Definitely YES.

45sonic 09-29-2004 07:46 AM

Gas what is that?? I just thought we had purchased a gas station this year. Even that might have been cheaper !! Never has stopped us before and won't now. It might change how we boat a little, shorter trips vs longer ones.
We do try to trailer the boat to an on land station but have definitely bought our share on the water too.

Think about this: round number now 6 pack beer $5.00 = $.06 per ounce
gallon gas $2.50 = $.01 per ounce

Anyone going to quit drinking??? :drink: :drink: :drink:

wwwTOPDJcom 09-29-2004 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Formulabill
GAS is the cheapest part of owning a BOAT!!!!!!

true :) well unless you own triple or quad powered boats that could get $$$ quick

GregP 09-29-2004 07:51 AM

I've always said if you have to consider the cost of gas you can't afford a boat. I put 100 gallons in on Sunday and didn't even look at the pump price, although my wife told me it was $2.50. I just saveup some money during the winter and spend it during the summer.

I didn't buy much gas this year since it's taken me all summer to get the boat running right ... would rather have bought gas and got to go out more.

-Greg

Strip Poker 388 09-29-2004 08:04 AM

On the boat I just started letting people pitch in on some gas money if we go very far.

Now my street car and race car ,The NOS [red]fuel has been 9.00 a gallon :(

Diesel in my truck taking $50-60 for a tank every week that hurts because its not fun going to work every day :D

I figure that maybe the problem, the price is going up and the demand is staying the same . People are not slowing down on fuel consumption.

Shah Mat 09-29-2004 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave
i figure i dont need electricty a phone or gas at my house in the summer so that helps out with the fuel buget. :D :D

I'm with you.

Shah Mat 09-29-2004 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
Think about this: round number now 6 pack beer $5.00 = $.06 per ounce
gallon gas $2.50 = $.01 per ounce

Anyone going to quit drinking??? :drink: :drink: :drink:

Very good point........ But, most of us don't drink 100 gallons of beer per hour. Well not usually that is :drink: :drink: :drink:

amarket1 09-29-2004 08:27 AM

I dont know it would have to be running to see if I can afford the gas!!!

berns29scarab 09-29-2004 08:41 AM

luckily i have twin small blocks with 100 gallon tank and trailer my boat every day...so i stop at the station and am glad to pay 1.70 a gallon for regular