Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   poll- when will gas trailer queen YOU ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87766-poll-when-will-gas-trailer-queen-you.html)

Reckless32 09-30-2004 02:58 PM

Re: poll- when will gas trailer queen YOU ???

Shoot, if you don't trailer you're not a complete boater. Otherwise you're considered a "hangar queen" if you're locked into a boatel. Or a coat hanger if you've got nothing but a lift. Or lonely when everyone else is trailering to the next poker run. :eek:

Like somebody said above. Gas is the cheapest part of boating. Put up, or pick another hobby... :cool:

45sonic 09-30-2004 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
Is that a dare? :p

NO, Consider that an invitation. :eek: Come on over anytime. We are usually there Friday night through Sunday night :D :drink:

redbuddy 09-30-2004 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
Very good point........ But, most of us don't drink 100 gallons of beer per hour. Well not usually that is :drink: :drink: :drink:

You have not met my brother in law.

MitchStellin 09-30-2004 08:17 PM

Hey Strip, hows it going. It is time for the motorcycle now. Nothing better in the Fall. Then the sled and it is back to boating. We run the 2 tracks in N MI and the UP. I just bought a DR Z400E Suzuki, I even have it plated. :cool:

R Addiction 09-30-2004 08:37 PM

Not a "Complete boater" because I keep my boat in a Hi-Dri!!? Now I've heard it all :rolleyes:

Reckless32 09-30-2004 11:15 PM

How can you expound upon the virtues or calamities of the boating game without the experiences rendered from trailering, which is the first thing to come to the mind of a life long boater? I passionately believe in the ability to trailer the boat wherever and however, and to work on it in my own driveway, or fuel where I damned please for what price I please. My current boat I got without a trailer to find a cheap fixer-upper alternative to the overpriced new variety. Now I'm hating life and have missed a few great boating opportunites as a result. I'm in a boatel now (temporarily) and I've never felt so restricted EVER. I grew via the trailer, traveled with trailers, had tons of fun with the trailer, made many mistakes with the trailer and currently long for the freedom and journeys of the trailer. Yet I understand the many trials and tribulations of the trailer and it's loathings. But if you're really passionate about boating and the many places the trailer can lead you to, then how can you be a complete package without one? That's all. Otherwise do the same thing, from the same place, year after year, after year. Just the thought is making me sleepy.

BTW, there must be another Cobb Island, because there's one we can get to on the Atlantic side of the Eastern Shore of Virginia where it's isolated and Conch shells are abundant for the taking.