Notices

Fountain Help

Old 09-29-2004, 09:40 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Fountain Help

Not an expert, But I have heard and read that Extension boxes hinder low speed manueverablity (especially in reverse). I also would try a set of Bravo 1 props (From Julie of course )
Old 09-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to try it, you can swap the props and put the drives in reverse. Then if you like the results, swap the drives.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u gottta drop the tabs......
Old 09-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Registered

I Love This Site....you Can Learn So Much!
Old 09-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Registered

You dont have to swap the drives,just swap props and then change
the cables around at the throttles. It only takes about a 1/2 hour
to do.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Registered

have your props checked by a pro for the pitch, if they dont spin the same rpm at wide open thats your first problem. 1" of pitch is 250rpm difference. next you should bring it on plane slowly let the props catch up, and use your tabs, let them help your boat get on top. maybe try a set of bravo 1 props.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Registered

Welcome to the board and congratulations on the new boat.

To see if spinning out helps switch the props. When you want to go forward you put the boat into reverse. If you prefer the feel and performance of the boat then switch the cables. Fountain sets up the props spinning in from the factory. I thought the extension box boats were set up that way also. I know my boat loved to cavitate the Hydromotive props. Supposedly diffuser rings help. If you have a prop shop in town that demos props try a set of Bravo 1's. You may lose 1-2 mph but the midrange goes up and they bite better out of the hole. You will need one pitch size larger than the hydro's.

I know someone with the same setup as you have. He is currently on a cruise. When he gets back I will see what he says. I know he runs hydro's. OSO member BobZ may have an answer to your questions also.

Dan
Old 09-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the information you have provided your props were labbed by Hydromotive Engineering.

Are, your props turning inward or outward?

Julie
Old 09-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

[QUOTE=THATS IT]
One Thing I Will Try, Is Getting On Plane With The Tabs Down. I Always Leave Them Up, Unless Its Rough Water. And Of Course Drives In. But I Really Don't Think That Will Improve The Blow Out."

Having the tabs down will make all the difference in the world. To get on plane you need to have the drives ALL the way in, and the Tabs ALL the way down. After you come on plane move the the tabs back up first to about 3 and then the drives out to about 3. Then you are ready to cruise and adjust as necessary.

As for backing up, the 35 isn't a great handling boat in reverse even without the extension boxes. I'll bet it is a real handful with boxes. I have heard others say that they obtained much better docking characteristics by turning the props out instead of in. But the downside is that you give up top end - which is the reason you have the extension boxes on there in the first place. Again, I've heard that the 5 bladed props give you better bite and thus are better around the docks.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:52 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 26 Bravo 1 that has been tweaked and it works great around the docks (and at Speed also) been using it for 2 years and have become very used to it. I got a new 26 from Julie and it is totally different around the dock, the thrust (for lack of a better word) is much stronger with the new prop. But the RPM's are down at speed Thats Ok Julie will be tuning it this winter!!

Quick Reply: Fountain Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.