Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Starting my new job... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87798-starting-my-new-job.html)

Titan 09-30-2004 06:49 AM

Re: Starting my new job...

Sean,

Shelter Island is a great place to be. My parents have a place in Dering Harbor up in the corner by the Second Bridge. Hope to see you around SI next summer. We need some new faces on the Island. I am sure that the hob nobs from the club will learn to deal with the Cig. You will definatly have to bring the Cig to work a few days this summer because it is getting old being the only performance boat in Dering HArbor. I worked at the club when I was in college running the race committee boat on Sunday's. Met a ton of nice people and always had fun.

Congradulatons and Best of Luck

Clay Washington 09-30-2004 07:40 AM

Best of luck to you, Sean.

P.S. I still want to buy your Cig one day. I just have to sell my boat first.

Sean 10-01-2004 07:27 AM

thanks again to everyone...i'm really looking forward to this change. :)

The club is very big on racing and its junior program is one of the biggest. My bosses share the same love of the water and boating and in reality that's all that matters to them...they really could care less that I have a Cig...and no Trout...I ain't trading the Cig for a sailboat. My goal is to get in side and teach sailboaters that us performance boat owners ain't so bad after all. :)

One of my bosses told me a story about the first time he showed up at the club with his Porsche...and got some interesting looks...they're really a laid back group and not "showy" with their money...mostly because it's "old" money...

As for a card stop...mebbe :) :) gimme a year to wear 'em down :)

WesSmith 10-01-2004 08:17 AM

BTW...Denise and I already ordered your white Captain's hat. :D
It comes as a special with a red ascot !!!!!

Just kiddin' there Buddy !
You gonna trek east this weekend or ya still working ??

Sean 10-15-2004 01:00 PM

well, today is my last day here in the city!

i start my new job on monday and i'm pretty psyched...i get to hang around boats all day long...even though some of them are sailboats :) I look forward to meeting all my new bosses(the members) and I think this is gonna be fun!

I'll be off the board for a bit while I get my house squared away with broadband and wireless...so if any of you guys are looknig at my parts for sale, call me instead of email or the board... my number is 516 455 1200.

sea ya later !!

Tbonepmp 10-15-2004 01:18 PM

Congrats... Best of luck!

Dave M 10-15-2004 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats! I think of doing the same thing all the time but I'm to afraid to take the leap.

Dont forget the ..... :D