If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    boatless... with money in the bank!!

anyone knpw the story with this

cigarette 45 and 55

Rik is offline Offshoreonly Advertiser Rik's Avatar

Re: anyone knpw the story with this

Basically they are a splash of the Magnum boats and the company Otam entered into a license agreement with Cigarette to promote them under the "Cigarette" banner.

Gold Member Gold Member thedonz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one real fun Avance....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
    Vice City & Tavernier, FL

there was a similar 45 at Lip-Ship last week

Yes, they have a licensing agreement to badge their stuff "Cigarette" and they do look like Magnums but there is much more to it. OTAM shipyards have a distinguished history in offshore racing, at least in Europe. These boats are fantastic. I don't really care too much about the 45 Heritage but the 55 Millennium is a beast. Powered by twin 3412 CATS @ 1420hp each, this thing will do 60 mph. Now they're powering it with twin C32 CATS @ 1670hp and you can have up to twin MTU 16V2000 M91s @ 2000hp. for speeds approaching 75 mph. And it's a big and heavy wave-crusher. Finish quality is better than Magnum. I know people who work on the interiors, real craftsmen with skills passed from father to son, for generations... Design of certain details is very sweet too, done by Paolo Martin. OTAM are actually planning to produce the pleasure version of Fabio Buzzi's 80-footer, "Record" powered by four MTUs, either 1500hp or 2000hp. each. Speeds of at least 75 mph. And that's on an 80' boat which is 70 000 lbs. dry. The owner of the yard is a wealthy Italian industrialist who is a serious offshore enthusiast. He is the owner of "Gincanotto", the 55' Buzzi RIB powered by four 820hp. Seateks. I believe this RIB was built for him and I hear Apache, Cigarette behave well in big water but let me tell you, I have never experienced something like that RIB in heavy seas. That damn thing is just unbelievable...

here it is: 55' RIB called "Gincanotto"... I can't describe how impressed I am with this ride... it cost about $ 1.2 million to make though.
    Attached Images Attached Images