Geez, each has it's own thing I like, but I must say I'm a big fan of boating, so I have a subscription to just about all of them of significance. My wife told a friend once, you have to have at least five subscriptions to be considered a boating fanatic as she brought my basket of goodies out from the main "throne room" to prove a point....
I subscribe to, in no particular order of preference:
1. Powerboat (tends to disappoint)
2. Family & Performance Boating (love their format)
3. HotBoat (too many of those itty-bitty powerboats)
4. Extreme Boats (getting better all the time)
5. Poker Runs America (just got mine in today in fact)
6. Motorboating (good source of general boating info like cleaning tips, hull repair, travel destinations, and equipment reviews)
7. Boating Magazine (same as #6)
8. Boater's World (same as #6, 7)
9. Latitudes & Attitudes (travel mag for sailors)
10. Chesapeake Bay (local boaters info mag on the ChesBay and it's attractions/events)
Use to have Trailer Boat Magazine, but have since left that water ski family period behind.
I will let #6, 7, and 8 expire and will only purchase off the rack when a really good issue is put out. Besides, the "information rack" in the crapper only has so much space...
The wife also says if I were to can all these subscriptions I'm paying for, I could afford that new SS40+ you got coming out Dave. My plan is working...