Notices

cigarette's new 39

Old 10-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: cigarette's new 39

Originally Posted by Troutly
Easy there. I happen to know three Cig owners who are not pretentious a$$holes...

OK, so if I USED to own a Cig, but now I own a cat, can I still be a pretentious as$hole???
Old 10-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
OK, so if I USED to own a Cig, but now I own a cat, can I still be a pretentious as$hole???

I have never met you, but you used to own a Cig and now you own a DCB.. It doesn't look good on paper DCB won't even sell a boat to somebody unless they pass the arrogance test.

J/K
Old 10-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh crap, I'm in trouble. I've never passed a test in my life!!
Old 10-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm biased, but Fund Razor makes a good point in post #158. I ran the Cleveland Poker Run the summer of 2000 as passenger as part of the sea trial for the Slingshot I then bought. I'm pretty sure some of my blood is still in the cockpit. I got a gash on a shin, a 5 inch raspberry on the side of my ribs and raw elbows. I live on Lake Ontario and have a healthy respect for some unbelievably nasty water there and on Lake Erie. Just my .02-- and a little of my blood!
Old 10-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
You should come to Lake Erie sometime. It will be nice for a minute and then eat your boat. It doesn't care that you have the fastest gladiator. It will eat it anyway.
Not swells. Hard, steep, closely spaced chop. Sometimes the patterns make no sense at all.

My boat has twin 260s and OMC drives. My top speed is a little less than half of yours. It cost me one twentieth of what yours cost.
You wouldn't fear my boat.

But fear my lake.
Re-reading it it sounds mean or something. Not my intent. My intent was to say that reading about 1-2 foot waves had me cracking up pretty hard.
Around here 1-2 foot waves are something that happen on accident because the wind stopped blowing for a second.
Anyway. Come on by, I'll buy you a beer after we go out boating, or as we west enders like to call it: Boat Breaking.

But having established that my boat is very definition of cheap and slow, the LEOPA guys have never, ever been anything other than gracious to me. I'm not a member of LEOPA, but I've met more than a few. I'm shocked that WW was mistreated in their presence/waters, and I'm sure that they are shocked too. They have always come off to me as a class act, and our community has benefitted from the considerable proceeds of their event. I had my cheap boat in a boat show downtown earlier this year and they all stopped as they walked down the dock toward the "cool" boats to compliment my ride and say hi. They made me feel proud of my ride, and glad that I went.

Wicked Won.... I'm sure that you have had many chats with the LEOPA folks, and I don't want to step on that or stir anything up, but as a Toledo boater, I would be more than happy to support you with any of your details if you're ever coming back to our neighborhood.
I belong to enough yacht clubs in this area to speak for the local boaters. Boaters don't treat boaters like that around here, and we apologize and invite you back.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Registered

Benefited. I should start spell checking.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
But fear my lake.
Native Americans lived around here 400 years ago. But the shipwrecks only go back to late 1700's when europeans came.

Why? The Indians were smart and walked around the outside.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Registered

Fund Razor,

Thanks for the kind words about LEOPA. As with any large group there are always some bad apples ruining it for the good people. And Jim and Mary are definately some of the good people. The vast majority of LEOPA members are very nice and easy to get along with that is why our events turn out such good numbers.

I have seen your boat around here lately but haven't gotten to see you. Next time you see my boat stop and say hi.

Dan Burtscher
LEOPA Vice Commodore

Half Nutz , Packinair, Madcow
Attached Thumbnails cigarette's new 39-cig-tadsens-2.jpg  

Last edited by Half Nutz; 10-07-2004 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Registered

I have re-read this entire post and frankly it is pretty sad. It started out with pictures a boat that everyone agreed was a beautiful piece of hardware. And then turned into a WW bashing melee. And to bring someone wife into the conversation WTF are you thinking????

I usually will stay out of these discussions for I am a pretty mild mannered guy and get along with everyone, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

I have been with Jim and Mary on WW for almost every major poker run they have attended. They have never treated anyone with disrespect or ever talked bad about anyone or there rides. They have never bragged when thay have beat someone, and are the first compliment someone when they passed us.

My wife and I consider Jim and Mary some of our closest friends. I witnessed the tauntings that took place at the LEOPA poker run and frankly they were bull$hit. These are two people who have never hurt anyone or said a cross word to anyone. It is pretty sad when you have a nice boat and certain people (you know who you are) have to be that way. This sport is about fun and being with good friends and it is a shame that a small group of people can turn it into a "grudge run" just because someone else has a fast boat and it doesn't happen to be a Lipship Cigarette!!!

Just to set the record straight, yea I do own a cigarette and happen to like it very much (now), But you will never catch me telling someone they can't raft off of me because they don't have a Cig. You will never catch me telling somebody that my boat is better because it is a cig.

This is a sport and should be fun. I have met almost all of my closest friends (including Jim and Mary) because of boating, and I wouldn't have it any other way. This sport has some of the greatest people involved with it and it is a shame that some "I'm better than you" types can ruin it for the good people.

Sorry for the rant, but it was way overdue.

Dan Burtscher
Old 10-07-2004, 07:23 PM
RHC
Registered

Well said """Half/Nutz"" I agree 100% ,, we all are very lucky to have Jim and Mary as Friends... and ,,, There is no argument as to the Boat!! All boats are not created equal,,, Thank goodness for that. I mean think about it ,, How would u like to be compared to Capt O????

Look forward to seeing all soon ,,,

Roger and Steff

Quick Reply: cigarette's new 39

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.