Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rather have a boat, or this.........? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87911-rather-have-boat.html)

BonnieOutlaw 10-01-2004 09:26 AM

Re: Rather have a boat, or this.........?

Boat...cars don't do so well in the water from what I understand. ;)

rainmn 10-01-2004 09:30 AM

I love Porsches, but I'd rather have a new boat. Can't get in as much trouble with the boat, and I can take the family along for the ride.

TEAMBAJA 10-01-2004 09:33 AM

Its just something to go to the grocery store in.

Indy 10-01-2004 09:38 AM

Boat...Porsche styling has never thrilled me.

GLH 10-01-2004 09:49 AM

A Porsche with water running thru the engine.... no thanks.

The true rigs are air cooled.

Boat anyway, no one chases me when I have fun in my boat.

Sydwayz 10-01-2004 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by GLH

Boat anyway, no one chases me when I have fun in my boat.

Except your wife. :D

thedonz 10-01-2004 09:54 AM

had a cabriolet, traded for Lotus Esprit Turbo, now THAT was a fast car....but too many glitches with the electric system, turned the car back in with about 3,500 mi after a year......guess how long it was in the shop?????

the cabriolet was nothing but fun.....just agree with TwinStep, not enough pep for me......

GLH 10-01-2004 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Except your wife. :D

What??? you take yours boating? :D:D:D

Last time I did that she ended up with one in the oven. :D:D:D

BTW if all goes well it'll be another boy (Thank God)!

Sydwayz 10-01-2004 10:06 AM

That's why I am not married. Hell, I am not even thinking of becoming engaged again. Its cheaper to rent.

Good luck with the little one GL.

WickedWon 10-01-2004 10:49 AM

Serious cars are a waist in Ohio, every time you pull the trigger the odds are against you. Not having a license for a year was a problem beyond your wildest dreams( especially when traveling :rolleyes: ) much less the insurance issues. I'd been doing some serious street racing since 1969 ( along with doing Top End Shootouts sponsored by Road & Track and Car & Driver) but man it's over now. Ya get in less trouble for robbing a Liquor store at gun point than just running up thru the gears :rolleyes: sad but true. A buddy stopped by with his fresh Viper and thru me the keys, I thru'm back, whats the point, I'm not the kind of guy who likes to talk about it, my only pleasure is USING IT !

Offshore, the final domain of unlimited, run what ya brung, no rules, no excuses big time feed the need :cool: