Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87924-6-0-powerstroke-diesel-programmers.html)

Smitty 10-01-2004 10:08 AM

6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers

O.K. guys-- I just picked up an F-350 6.0 Powerstroker. I know there are lots of things that can be done to increase the power output. What I want to know is who is running what and how well have they been working. My buddies all run Edge juice boxes or something like that and they say they have had no issues. I am not looking for killer power, just a little more than a stocker and same or better driveability. I want my motor to last more than a month or two :D :D

Dave

PMTCHIPS 10-01-2004 10:46 AM

Re: 6.0 Powerstroke diesel programmers

Check out this link for 6.0L Powerstroke tuners

http://www.pmtchips.com/dept.asp?dept_id=01-006

wannabe 10-01-2004 10:58 AM

E-mail OSO member Boot. He will give you the skinny.

Wannabe

hp500efi 10-01-2004 11:32 AM

I have heard from others that the 6.0 is a time bomb when upgraded with power so be careful. The 7.3 was much more acceptable to upgrades.

boot 10-01-2004 12:18 PM

There are NO problems with upgradign 6 litres .

IF the truck itself is a problem ,then you just have a problem , simple ....

I sell ALL brands and products . I DO NOT LIKE PROGRAMMERS OF ANY KIND . The edge juice works the best on that truck . In fact I am doign tests for edge on 7.3 ford juice with attitude monitors now . They will be availible soon .

I got some edge programmers by accident . I feel so strongly against them ,that they are going back . I will not sell them to one of my customers if there is something that works better ! :cool:

Anything you add to a truck makes it feel better and drive faster , but at what cost to the engine , transmission, and fuel mileage . Most programmers do NOTHING for timing , or boost improvments . You end up with high exhaust temps , lots of black smoke , and poor mileage . When you do it right , you don't have nay of this and usualy gain a good amount of mileage on top of it .

JUST MY .02 ........... :D

PS> BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT EXHAUST YOU USE ON THE 6 LITRE !! :rolleyes:

tesheer 10-01-2004 01:31 PM

I have a Quadzilla 160 hp module. Awesome power, and good driveability. It has four levels of power, from stock to 160hp. This is just like adding more power to your boat, but instead of the outdrive being the weak link, it is the transmission. Most of the diesel trucks on the market today are capable of making significantly more horespower than the transmissions can handle. This, like the outdrives, comes down to how you drive them. I can assure you that once you have experienced the power, it will be hard to go back to stock. Just my $0.02. For more information than you could ever want visit dieselstop.com. Similar to OSO, but for diesel trucks. Good luck

skygod 10-01-2004 07:45 PM

Go to thedieselstop.com and get more info than you can believe.

Jassman 10-02-2004 07:51 AM

Ive got a yard of construction trucks (7) from all three, from 98 to 2005. Ive had quite a few programmers and modules. We pull heavy trailers as well as equipment, so reliability is very important. Ive had Quad, TS, and Edge, and Edge by far has been the best on both my 6.0 Fords, and 2 Duramaxes. The 2003 construction 6.0 has 88,000 miles, and the 2002 Duramax has 119,000 miles, and is driven by 6 people, and I would say overall 95% of the time we have had Zero issues making the tranny live (The Weak Link). We have had no failures on any of the tranny's, mainly cause we do not overly abuse them, as well as maintain them, with the exception of our Dodges. If left in level 3, smoke 5 and defuel on all levels, and egt temps set at 1350 degrees, you will not need any more power, this is what I do in my own Personal 6.0 Dually. It really helps when I pull my 15,000 pound Nortech, Egts do not get overly hot, and the best part is if they do, the Edge defuels the power level to decrease the temp as to not overheat anything, best product, almost zero failures. Edge is the way to go, and customer support is the best. Even upgrading when they improve their modules costs you Zero, you just call them up, give them a cc to hold, they mail you a new module, you mail your old one back in the box that the new one came in, its that easy. Good luck to you in what ever you pick. Jeff
http://www.thedieselstop.com/

Go Big 10-02-2004 09:11 AM

The edge has been the best for me. No problems but make sure you have an EGT gauge, it is possible to melt down the motor. I highly recommend the attitude monitor to watch your motor for you. It monitors your motor and makes the appropriate adjustments as needed to prevent melt down.

Dock Holiday 10-02-2004 11:14 AM

Your warranty is VOIDED with any engine upgrades or modifications period.

The 7.3 is a great truck, the 6.0 is even better as for power. Leave it stock in my opinion. I know a guy that had to buy a new 6.0 because he was running the propane a little heavy and they are $15K.

I asked my Ford dealer what I could do and not void the warranty. They pulled out a letter from Ford Corporate that VERY CLEARLY stated that any engine modification would void the warranty. Ford has no gray area any longer with this. They got killed with warranty and buy backs on the 03's and have tightened their policy greatly from what I have read and been told.

Also the new computers are MUCH smarter and hold information longer. They know what you do to them now days.

Go to TheDieselStop.com and read up before you start modifing. Just my 2 cents worth.