Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Vacuflush problems (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87975-vacuflush-problems.html)

353guy 10-02-2004 12:10 PM

Vacuflush problems

I need help with a vacuflush toilet problem. The holding tank indicator went to full after very few uses. It's possible the last time we pumped it out we didn't get everything but the tank indicator went from normal to full in 1 flush (there is a 3/4 indicator light which warns that it's getting close to full that never came on). The only solids flushed have been marine toilet paper. When I went to pump it out this time nothing will come out. I tried 2 different pumps and can't get anything to come out.

Any ideas? Please keep the crapper jokes to a minimum!

TEAMBAJA 10-02-2004 12:17 PM

Re: Vacuflush problems

Originally Posted by 353guy

Any ideas? Please keep the crapper jokes to a minimum!

Im sorry, but Im pretty sure you just set yourself up for an interesting thread! Ive tried some serious threads, but they never work out!

Love Machine 10-02-2004 12:56 PM

Maybe the hose is clogged between the tank and pump out fitting. Try a coat hanger or two and fish it out. You can also remove the level indicator to see if it's hung up on some poop or a wad of paper.

I had a clog between the tank and the head. Had to use a plunger. What a messy job! :D

Tinkerer 10-02-2004 08:41 PM

Any chance a guest flushed a white rat down the head.
I have an electric toilet and made the mistake of not informing my step daughters guests what to do with them. ( wrap in TP and put in baggie and then into the trash. Yes I have baggies in the head storage )

rouxsterre 10-02-2004 10:26 PM

Sorry - but NO ONE uses my head. For anything - EVER . . . . under ANY circumstance.
It's over the side, take a swim, I'll take you to shore, plastic beer cups, it doesn't matter. I don't care if I personally ate a large platter of rotten oysters, and am rafted up fifteen deep on each side; NO ONE, including the Skipper, uses my head. It's just a 'thing' with me. . . .

In your case, I would go the coat-hanger route.

Dave1972 10-03-2004 07:42 AM

Why even have a head if nobody uses it? No offense but I guess I just don't understand why you or your passengers should "suffer" jumping in the water or having to wait to go to shore if you have the option, especially with a pumpout. I have a few friends that are the same way but not me....if you have it, why not use it?

Tonto 10-04-2004 09:41 AM

I am assuming that you have a FORMULA, check to make sure the "Y" valve is open towards the pump out side. Also, you can get a blockage at the "Y" valve. Also you can get toilet paper stuck on the level indicator that makes it read incorrectly. One way to check to "see" if the tank is really full is to place a flashlight on the side of the tank and you will be able to tell whether it is actually full or not. Hope this helps.
Robert