Notices

F1 class

Old 10-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: F1 class

You want to run in the Super Vee Lite class. One engine, merc 525 or Vortec and all boats have canopies. This is where most of the F1 teams have gone to. APBA, SBI and OSS all offer this class, but most of these boats run with OSS. See www.offshoresuperseries.com and look under OSS Vee Lite.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
You want to run in the Super Vee Lite class. One engine, merc 525 or Vortec and all boats have canopies. This is where most of the F1 teams have gone to. APBA, SBI and OSS all offer this class, but most of these boats run with OSS. See www.offshoresuperseries.com and look under OSS Vee Lite.
Thanks Ron, whats the hot hull at the moment?
Old 10-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KACHINA KEN
Thanks Ron, whats the hot hull at the moment?
SVL - Closed Canopy 29 Extreme
F1 - Open Canopy 29 Extreme

Dave
Attached Thumbnails F1 class-2004-st.-cloud.jpg   F1 class-extreme-29-shot-gun.jpg  
Old 10-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

No doubt the Extreme hulls are fast. So are the Phantoms.
www.phantomboats.com
Attached Thumbnails F1 class-imco-blue-side.jpg  
Old 10-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
The hot hull in Super V Lite is the Extreme no 2 ways about it. I would imagine the Extreme will be super hot in F1 too. Aren't the rules changing to Merc 496HO for F1? The Warlock 29 use to do very well in F1 and it cleaned up in the old E Class too.
I would be very surprised to see them change to the 496, it isn't even close to a competiton grade engine (I own one, have blown 2, in one year). Just curious where you may have heard this???
Old 10-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a thought,

If they switch to the 496, that'll kinda ruin the "race on Sunday buy on Monday that Ken is talking about - and also what I like about it. Not that it makes for a bad boat, but if your spending that kinda $$$ on your boat, and racing - you can't be going out and getting beat on your local waterway (if your boat is not "race dedicated") by someone with a 500 or 525. IMHO that would kinda degrade the sport.

If I was racing, I wouldn't want to be "street racing" anyone down the river, but if I wasn't racing, and had a fast boat, saw a boat wearing F-1 numbers running at a good cruise, I have to admit I'd be tempted to challenge.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
I raced E Class with the 502 Mag and I also inspected for APBA during this time and do not remeber those boats being any less competitive or breaking. I bet they switch to 496HO's to keep the class alive and I bet it comes back with that engine choice.
I hear ya Mike,the 496HO is what I call "pro-sumer" a not quite pro or race grade but good for a 'consumer' engine. This is the largest engine made in Stillwater OK and not included in the 'blue Motor' family of Mercury Racing. It also carries a year warranty which would complicate things for Merc because while these things are grenading all over the place they would have a hard time proving abuse even with the onboard tattletaling of the 555 Motorola ECM module. But if that is what APBA is seriously thinking about doing well then it would be par for the course IMO. OSS is looking more attractive anyhow the more I speak with you folks on the sidelines. Just had a nice conversation with Will Smith a lil while ago, he seems to think the Vee Lite class will be pretty hoppin next year.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The HP3 is a 496 motor.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KACHINA KEN
I would be very surprised to see them change to the 496, it isn't even close to a competiton grade engine (I own one, have blown 2, in one year). Just curious where you may have heard this???

Just wondering, what broke on the motors?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:18 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You are right Pete. I think it's a 500 horse 496?

Quick Reply: F1 class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.