Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which Would You Do. Fly Into The Keys Or Miami And Drive (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88238-would-you-do-fly-into-keys-miami-drive.html)

GLH 10-07-2004 06:40 PM

Re: Which Would You Do. Fly Into The Keys Or Miami And Drive

Drive to Miami splash and Poker Run your rear end to KW.

CBR 10-07-2004 07:48 PM

Second and third AYE! for the Fish House in Key Largo! Some weathly Brit there last year said it was his favorite Restaurant in the "whole World."

I like their tropical fish Christmas lights. <gg>

MARK BENTLEY 10-08-2004 08:54 AM

Regarding flights. Here are two inexpensive commuters (usually). Try Gulfstream (Continental connection) or American Eagle. I have used both. American has the most flight options out of MIA.

R Addiction 10-08-2004 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by CBR
Second and third AYE! for the Fish House in Key Largo! Some weathly Brit there last year said it was his favorite Restaurant in the "whole World."

I like their tropical fish Christmas lights. <gg>

Got the Palm Tree lights in my basement. Keeps me in warm state of mind during the winter....That and a bottle of Captain!! :drink:

BandF 10-08-2004 10:19 AM

Last year we flew from Burlington. Vt to Miami, rented a car and drove to Key West, we spent on night on the way down, It is a great ride but once in Key west we never took the car out of the parking garage. The cost of the car rental and parking while in Key west was a waste, so this year we are flying into Key west and getting a shuttle to the Hyatt.

Hope to see you all there, somewhere.

Dixie Doug 10-08-2004 11:08 AM

If you guys are gonna tout driving, tell him some places to stop."Holiday Isle" about 87mm a must stop if you drive.

BODYSHOT1 10-08-2004 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Bernie, don't go to Newark. Catch the early flight on Spirit out of A/C to Ft Lauderdale, then get the puddle jumper to KW. It's a hassle free experience compared to going to Newark.

Roger-that....I've flown "Cape Air" from Lauderdale to KW...pretty cool actually... :drink:

Ike 10-08-2004 03:02 PM

We are flying to miami and then driving to KW. It bad enough that i am flying for the first time, i sure don't want to get in one of those puddle jumpers :eek:

R Addiction 10-08-2004 06:51 PM

Wuss!