Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which Would You Do. Fly Into The Keys Or Miami And Drive (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88238-would-you-do-fly-into-keys-miami-drive.html)

berns29scarab 10-06-2004 04:56 PM

Which Would You Do. Fly Into The Keys Or Miami And Drive

Going down to the keys for the worlds and debating on wether to fly from newark NJ to Miami and drive the rest, or fly to miami than catch a grasshopper to the keys ?

tizbad4 10-06-2004 05:16 PM

Re: Which Would You Do. Fly Into The Keys Or Miami And Drive

Fly in. We use to fly to miami then drive. It's a nice drive. But if you want to party fly in.

berns29scarab 10-06-2004 05:28 PM

high 5 on that...flyin in wednesday AM and dont want to miss races...so i probably will fly right in

Ms PatriYacht 10-06-2004 06:18 PM

what are the airlines that fly from KW to Ft Lauderdale or Miami
I checked on Orbitz and their prices seem high. I was thinking of
just booking the return back direct since I will be down in the Ft Lauderdale area prior to the races.

Jonas 10-06-2004 06:19 PM

we land in miami 3 pm on monday and we are driving in from miami the next am that way can have fun night in miami and nice drive tue am.
never don it so looking forward to it

Quiet Storm 10-06-2004 06:38 PM

We are going to fly in. It is a nice drive from Miami but pretty long. Its not bad on the way down but when the party's over, its gets real long. :drool:

tizbad4 10-06-2004 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
We are going to fly in. It is a nice drive from Miami but pretty long. Its not bad on the way down but when the party's over, its gets real long. :drool:

Yes most times you have to leave kw at 3:30 am to catch your flight in miami. :eek:

CigDaze 10-06-2004 06:50 PM

Unless your cutting it close on your timing, I would fly into Miami and drive. It's a nice, scenic drive which will only take a couple hours.

Key West has a small airport. Service will be limited, the planes will be small, and the rates will usually be much more.

otis311 10-06-2004 07:03 PM

You will be lucky to get flights to KW this close to the worlds.

berns29scarab 10-06-2004 07:11 PM

unfortunately due to work schedule can only swing wed to sun so tryin to fly out early weds am and as late as possible sun pm...tryin to stretch monday