Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chesepeake Inn Sat 10/9 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88299-chesepeake-inn-sat-10-9-a.html)

mopower 10-10-2004 08:30 PM

Re: Chesepeake Inn Sat 10/9

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by blue thunder
. Been waiting a while to meet you Mo. Guess it will be next year now. Next year is a new year. :p
BT :cool:

Yeah , and two new pairs of Canfield heads :D

bob 10-10-2004 08:44 PM

Dave, good talking to you at Chesapeake City. Boat sounds nice! On our way out we passed Spyder and those folks idling and I thought something was up. Did you hear what happened? Mopower, Canfield does a nice head! Did you by chance get hard coated water jackets? What are they going on?

mopower 10-10-2004 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes , that's why the dark color. Entire head is hard anodized :cool:
Going on my 540s :eek:
My Merlins are too big for the rpm range I want to turn , so the port velocity is down :( . These are smaller and will bring down the power band. I tried a pair of 25 Mirages and the boat ran like a raped ape but I was spinning them 5800....too much for my taste. And I wasn't trimmed out at all. At that point I was going by 80 and climbing.

bob 10-10-2004 09:15 PM

Mopower, motors look nice! what size boat are they in? I guess you are going to run a 27 or 29 and bring the r's down and the smaller port volume will probably make more hp there? I did basically the same deal, turn up the boost and throw in more gear. Parts seem to live a little longer :D

mopower 10-10-2004 09:37 PM

Presently Bob , I'm running 28" Bravos. The smaller ports will increase the port velocity and give me a better charge in the cylinders like when I'm running 5800. My last 540 I had , had Trickflows on it with the bottom third of the ports filled with epoxy and that one was a BEAST in a 21' Liberator. This one's a 272 Formula.

R Addiction 10-10-2004 10:28 PM

Bob, Dave, What did the Baja look like? Was it Tom Carter? I hope not! :(

737jetmech 10-11-2004 06:50 AM

Dave , have I got the props for you ... they really did nothing for mine ... :eek: Take those junk bravos off and try these things!

C_Spray 10-11-2004 07:14 AM

Saw Mopower headed down Saturday as we were headed up to Philly for the OPA races. Sunday morning, there was so much junk in the river that we could not figure out how they were going to race, so we ran back down to the Chesapeake Inn for lunch. Spent 80 miles dodging junk again and had to stop three times and clear the water intakes. Man - the Delaware River is a MESS. Pretty day, though!

Saw some familiar faces at the Chesapeake Inn, but none of you hooligans, although we did find RA winterizing his boat and SOX drinking beer for him (so RA could keep working) when we got home. Saw Sutphen Bob coming back in Sunday afternoon as well. We've started winterizing, so we're done for the season now.

SOX - Want the Vortech blower kit for the Ebbtide? Then you can go even faster for a short period of time and start breaking expensive stuff...

mopower 10-11-2004 07:55 AM

Geez "C" , the Delaware wasn't bad at all....for a slalom course :rolleyes:

R Addiction 10-11-2004 09:46 AM

Just got off the phone with the guy with the Baja that ALMOST sunk! Seawater intake hose popped off (clamp broke)!! Got it to the State Park ramp and laid it on the ramp. Water was above the valve covers and at the carb baseplate!!! Put the hose back on and the bilge pump drained the water and they floated it into the trailer. Pulled the plugs and no water, CRCed the cylinders and changed the oil (no water in the oil either). Fired up on the hose and ran FINE!!! Talk about luck!!! His boss told him top play the lottery!!! :D