Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is there a difference in ride 38TG and 35Cafe (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88318-there-difference-ride-38tg-35cafe.html)

Nauti Kitty 10-11-2004 11:15 AM

Re: Is there a difference in ride 38TG and 35Cafe

Originally Posted by cigarette1
If your pimp hand is strong ... the XR's on Stelling boxes with the Sportmaster lowers will handle it:

It better be a real strong pimp hand. :eek: NK

delsol 10-11-2004 11:27 AM

That's what I was thinking :D I was thinking the 3a's would be enough to handle it. But how much difference is there in weight between 3a's with hydraulic steering, and 6's. With the 6's you would never have to look at it again :rolleyes:
I would like to see a ts with partial staggered set-up with 3a's --kinda seems like the best of both worlds?? :rolleyes:

lucky strike 10-11-2004 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by del sol
That's what I was thinking :D I was thinking the 3a's would be enough to handle it. But how much difference is there in weight between 3a's with hydraulic steering, and 6's. With the 6's you would never have to look at it again :rolleyes:
I would like to see a ts with partial staggered set-up with 3a's --kinda seems like the best of both worlds?? :rolleyes:

I've never seen a Staggered 38 Top Gun T/S. I've never seen a T/S Gun with 3s either. I think it's go #6 or stay with Bravos.

My $.02

LS JR.

delsol 10-11-2004 03:10 PM

I've never seen a staggered ts either, but why not if you're moving the engines anyway. As far as the 3a's to 6's -- i was just thinking from a dollar amount, and that there are lots of heavy Apache 41's out there with 700 + hp running on 3a's. 3a's should play with 700's in a TS I would think.

lucky strike 10-11-2004 03:27 PM

I've never seen a staggered ts either, but why not if you're moving the engines anyway. As far as the 3a's to 6's -- i was just thinking from a dollar amount, and that there are lots of heavy Apache 41's out there with 700 + hp running on 3a's. 3a's should play with 700's in a TS I would think.

We aren't big Bravo fans but if you are going to run a T/S with 700HP, I would go with Bravos. Even if you blow one or two, when it comes time to sell it will be a lot easier to than with #3s. Your comparing apples to oranges when your talking about a 41' Apache & a 38 T/S Top Gun.

Again, my $.02

delsol 10-11-2004 03:39 PM

Sorry i wasn't comparing them, just stating a fact thought that if 3a's will stand up to the heavier/stickier Apache hull then they should easily be able to handle the TS.
As far as selling being easier with Bravo's-- I don't know aren't most looking for more speed without the bravo busting issue. If Glads are the same bottom and some are staggered then why not in a gun??
I'm asking to get some feedback if this would be a plausible direction to go in, besides if I were to put this combo together and it worked like I think it can, there would be no reason to ever sell it :drink: But I guess you never know!

cigarette1 10-11-2004 06:45 PM

... If Glads are the same bottom and some are staggered then why not in a gun??

Once you move the engines to add trannys, there is no more room to even do a short stagger...there's a bulkhead and fuel tanks in the way.

G

delsol 10-12-2004 08:29 AM

OK good to know, How would the bravo arneson conversion work on a TS -- it wouldn't affect the CG too much that way.

But how would it affect handling on a step bottom -- remembering that it will be a pleasure/poker run boat. Would it have a tendency to feel loose in the stern and possibly unpredictable.

bford1 10-13-2004 04:06 PM

Someone said that there is more head room in the Cafe than the TG? Is that true? If so anyone know how much? I was interested in upgrading toa newer (to me) TG or Cafe in the next year or so. Currently I have an '85 357 Formula. Great boat but I want something newer but don't want to lose a lot of cabin room, amenities, etc.

bford1 10-13-2004 04:07 PM

Also, anyone know if you could get a/c in both the Cafe and the TG?