Notices
View Poll Results: Which is all around better?
stand up bolsters
28.36%
sit down bolsters
29.85%
bench seat
41.79%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

backseat...

Old 10-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backseat...

I am not sure if this has been discussed before. When under way I notice most people that ride with me stand instead of sit. What would be more effective to have for the backseat and why?
Old 10-11-2004, 09:49 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: backseat...

Chris, Funny you ask this question. Just yesterday a 32 Baja was next to me at the marina with 4 standup/sitdown bolsters and a bench seat. I thought this was a great setup!! I personally would rather be in a bolster than a flat back seat.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Generally speaking, I much prefer the bench in the back. It's a good all around configuration which makes loading and unloading easier, boarding easier and is more comfortable for most people, most of the time.

However, for poker runs and high-speed running, the bolster config is better. It's more secure and something to grab onto is comforting.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have seen boats with stand up bolster and I think that would be cool while underway. However, at the doc it may not be as practical???
Old 10-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There should be no comparison. Sit down bolsters in the right boat allow you to brace your legs and absorb shock through your legs compared to stand-up bolsters that transfer all of the impact to your spine.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:29 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I was thinking of the running in the rough stuff, Wasn't thinking about the docking aspect I see how that would be a bit of a PITA!!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I find my bench seat makes a pretty good third bunk when that buddy has had one too many to drive home. I find that aspect of a bench seat indisposable in my smaller (24') boat.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
For our type of boating (a lot of weekending and rafting off) the rear bench with two electric bolsters is the way to go. This gives a lot of cockpit room.

However, if all I did was tear up the water and run Poker Runs, then an extra set of bolsters or a rear bench turned into bolsters would be real nice.
Who are you trying to fool.... Trouty.... you'd install a big one piece perp seat in the back.........
Old 10-12-2004, 07:29 AM
Registered

In the edition of powerboat magazine where they covered the NYC poker run, there was a guy that made his own back seat. In the down position it was a flat bench seat. Then it was hinged towards the stern, and was able to flip up to make 3 or 4 stand up bolsters. I think it was a Nortech V ???? i think i remember a purple interior.

anyone else see this. they had a write up on the guy in the section where they covered the poker run.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bolsters are nice in the back, but i like the bench for 90% of my boating.

Quick Reply: backseat...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.