Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Avanti Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88320-avanti-powerboats.html)

zzzzzz 10-08-2004 06:40 AM

Avanti Powerboats

Does anyone have any info on these boats,experiences,ect .The 27 looks pretty nice I like the old school fairing look. Thanks. Tom

cobra marty 10-08-2004 06:44 AM

Re: Avanti Powerboats

They have been there a long time and weathered the test of time. As far as their boats they are dated old style and bottoms, no updates, depreciate quickly, heavy rough water boats.

HiPerf2000 10-08-2004 08:10 AM

Do a search on this site for Avanti. You'll find alot of info. :rolleyes:

One problem is they are built in NJ, and not many people know the boat.....so resale is tough. If anything buy used and stay away from the factory.

mr_velocity 10-08-2004 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by hi-perf-2000
Do a search on this site for Avanti. You'll find alot of info. :rolleyes:

One problem is they are built in NJ, and not many people know the boat.....so resale is tough. If anything buy used and stay away from the factory.

What's wrong with building boats in NJ? I don't think that has anything to do with people not knowing them. Ever hear of Viking or Egg Harbor, Luhrs until 1987 and there are many others. I think it has more to do with the company and it's boats, not where it's built.

Do you know where Douglas Mich is? But I bet just about everyone knows at least one boat that is made there. :rolleyes:

berns29scarab 10-08-2004 09:25 AM

i had a 92 22ft avanti with a 454 mag and a bravo1...i woulda put that boat upagainst any other 22 out there...only problem is poor resale due to the fact its not a lipstick boat(scarab, fountain etc) yes they are old school in design but there is something about them. if i could find a deal on one i wouldnt hesitate. new they are way to expensive, comprabaly rigged the 27 is more than a 26 hustler or 26 sonic for that matter. if resale isnt a concern than your in good shape. i had a problem selling mine so i traded it to a dealer out west who went by the book and not the market thank god.

berns29scarab 10-08-2004 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i'm thinkin about going to a 33 scarab avs i'll make ya a deal on a mint and i mean mint 1998 29 scarab twin 350 mpi mags w/ bravo1's loaded with goodies and a 2001 triple axel trailer. boat is never left in water and was a fresh water boat til the beginning of this season and i had a fresh water flush kit installed before it ever touched salt and its flushed after every use. boat is turn key and needs nothing.

HiPerf2000 10-08-2004 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
What's wrong with building boats in NJ? I don't think that has anything to do with people not knowing them. Ever hear of Viking or Egg Harbor, Luhrs until 1987 and there are many others. I think it has more to do with the company and it's boats, not where it's built.

Do you know where Douglas Mich is? But I bet just about everyone knows at least one boat that is made there. :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with building boats in NJ. But for the most part the Avanti's all seemed to stay in the local area, thus proposing questions like the one posted...."Anyone know anything about these boats". That's all i was getting at.....The resale value is hurt because so few people across the country heard of the brand.

Now Denis and his business practices are another story. :rolleyes:

stinger312 10-08-2004 11:45 AM

Try this....... www.avantipowerboats.com

CAP071 10-11-2004 08:17 PM

IS THIS THE 1 YOU ARE SPEAKING OF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...493191724&rd=1

berns29scarab 10-11-2004 08:25 PM

there was a 27 that raced in camden this weekend....it was for sale for well over a year in brick