Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kramer to be released!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88433-kramer-released.html)

dhlaw 10-10-2004 03:56 PM

Kramer to be released!!

It appears that Blakely v. Washington is resulting in the release of Ben in the coming year. The sentencing Judge departed upwards without jury input and the life sentence must be redone, meanwhile he should be released on Supersedeas bond.

(Hows that fightclub?)

ernie davis 10-10-2004 04:04 PM

Re: Kramer to be released!!

Oh lord....here we go...
Pop Corn Please :D

Andy0331 10-10-2004 04:37 PM

One of my buddies was telling me about this the other day. He got upwards departed on a case that under the sentencing guidelines should have earned him 6 months probation, instead he did 18 months & has 2 years of probation.

He will never get his 18 months back, but it looks like his probation might be ending early....

Waterfoul 10-10-2004 04:38 PM

Maybe he'll join our website when he gets out?? :D

ernie davis 10-10-2004 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Maybe he'll join our website when he gets out?? :D

Joining OSO should be part of the parole conditions.......he thought the Pen was a tough crowd :drink:

dhlaw 10-10-2004 04:55 PM

When he gets out he will head straight to Saccenti's house, then pick up Eickert and head to Miami. He's gotta get an extra large bolster in the old Apache and show them boys in P2 what time it is!!!!

Comanche3Six 10-10-2004 05:46 PM

I hope he stays in jail.

X-Rated30 10-10-2004 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
It appears that Blakely v. Washington is resulting in the release of Ben in the coming year. The sentencing Judge departed upwards without jury input and the life sentence must be redone, meanwhile he should be released on Supersedeas bond.

(Hows that fightclub?)

You seem to know something I don't about Blakely's application to the Federal Sentencing Guidelines. FanFan and Booker were argued last Monday, but I haven't seen where an opinion has come down, yet. I agree that Blakely would seem to apply, but some appeals circuits didn't seem to have much trouble ruling otherwise. :confused:

glassdave 10-10-2004 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ernie davis
Joining OSO should be part of the parole conditions.......he thought the Pen was a tough crowd :drink:

no . . moderating the Apache section of the board should be :D :D

TEAMBAJA 10-10-2004 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
no . . moderating the Apache section of the board should be :D :D

I wouldnt wish that upon anyone! :(