Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Photos-Deerfield-Faces-places-races (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88577-photos-deerfield-faces-places-races.html)

gdfatha 10-12-2004 04:22 PM

Photos-Deerfield-Faces-places-races

The following is a link to my photos (200) taken at Deerfield this past weekend. It will be more user friendly if you use the slide mode.

As in the past all/any photo may be downloaded and used as you wish for free.

http://community.webshots.com/user/gdfatha-date

I was pleased to actually get some air shots.

I have one question: Where the hell was the "MAIN BEACH" that was noted as the after race Brazilian Music. :confused: :confused:

Additionally, I think that in the future the pier should be open from the beginning to the public with the T-AREA at the end for the MAYORS VIP friends. I finally got in late Sunday cause EARLIER both Saturday & Sunday I was told the MAYORS approval was required to enter any area of the pier. :hothead:

It is further suggested that pre-race advertising be improved for the locals and that better directions be provided to all areas. The lady I spoke with at the RAMADA only knew that some racers were staying there and nothing else.

Finally--I never saw one street banner or sign anywhere. That is an indication of poor marketing on behalf of all involved. :mad:

Please enjoy the photos.. :drink:

PETE: I forgot you last name so didn't find you at the Howard Johnsons that I was also staying at.Sorry.... :(

KLAATU: Where are your photos...If you post them on the website I use you won't have to worry about resizing. I guess we will meet in Key West..Finally..

Sean 10-12-2004 04:28 PM

Re: Photos-Deerfield-Faces-places-races

gdfatha.

Thanks for the pics!

welcome to the world of offshore racing...

rarely will you find a local that knows anything about an offshore race in most of thes cities...i've been to so many races that were poorly advertised and soetimes next to impossible to find. i just dont go anymore.

Phantom1 10-12-2004 04:34 PM

As always - great shots! Thanks Marc.

chuckbeecher 10-12-2004 07:43 PM

Great photos!!
Where was the light house located?

DannyD 10-12-2004 07:49 PM

GDFATHA - Great shots! Thanks!

gdfatha 10-12-2004 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
Great photos!!
Where was the light house located?

==================

Since we were lost at the time, my best guess is Jupiter. :drink: :drink:

gmhdfan 10-12-2004 08:10 PM

Marc, the Brazilian music thing was a couple blocks south of the Howard Johnson's where all the tents were. They had banners on every light pole on Hillsboro Blvd. And some other streets around town. Did you have any problems with the pigeons living on your balcony? They had a warning in the check in packet about them. I watched the race from under the pier in the shade while the girls swam in the water. The dry pits was a great place but the wet pits was a cluster. :cool: :)

gdfatha 10-12-2004 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by gmhdfan
Marc, the Brazilian music thing was a couple blocks south of the Howard Johnson's where all the tents were. They had banners on every light pole on Hillsboro Blvd. And some other streets around town. Did you have any problems with the pigeons living on your balcony? They had a warning in the check in packet about them. I watched the race from under the pier in the shade while the girls swam in the water. The dry pits was a great place but the wet pits was a cluster. :cool: :)

Damn--We must be gettin old..never saw a sign/banner any where and talking to several people they never saw them either. :eek: Worse yet, I took photos of the north and south beach areas from the pier and never saw a tent, sign or banner,,, :drink: or heard any music.. :(

We were not alerted about pidgeons but our porch (small) door would not open. There was one pidgeon that cooo coo'd as he sat in the corner of the porch for two days. :(