Question of FPC poker runs >

Question of FPC poker runs

Notices

Question of FPC poker runs

Old 10-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question of FPC poker runs

I want to do a poker run in early 2005 what ones are the best to do??? It would have to be March or later.
Jason
Old 10-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: Question of FPC poker runs

I think the best run of the summer is the JACKSONVILLE FIREFIGHTERS RIVER RALLY /POKER RUN. Dates are JUNE 9,10,11,12
Old 10-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The first Major FPC Run of the new year is always the Miami Boat Show Run.
The group is on the larger side, I think there were 70+ boats last year but the trip to Islamorada is easy and the location puts you smack in the middle of the keys. This has always been one of my favorites and I highly recommend it. It is in February though and that might be outside your time frame.
The other one that I can recommend from experience is the Easter Run to Key Largo. The group is more intimate and the weather is always great (HOT) while the trip itself is not as long as some of the others (approx 50nm) the side trips on Saturday and subsequent raft off make up for it. Faro Blanco, Islamorada, etc. The other thing that I enjoy regarding the Easter Trip is the small size. You get a chance to really mix with everyone and it's just a little more laid back.
Good Luck and Have Fun
Best,
Rice Hauler
Old 10-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered

I have been on the Spring key West run twice and had a great time. Usually about 25-30 boats plus spring break crowd in Key West.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went on the Miami Boat Show run to Islamorada last year and had the time of my life. It toppped the many others that I have done with different organizations thru the years. It was just the right size and everyone stayed at the same place and hung out at the Tiki Bar together. I got to meet and talk with more people at that one run than all others combined.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered

I have to agree with Rice Hauler on this one, the Miami Boat Show run is one of the best. There's NOTHING like boating in the middle Keys! SOmetimes the weather can be a little "ify", usually a little on the windy side, but your boating on the inside in the protected waters of the Keys. Nothing like a Saturday of visiting those famous watering holes, aye Rice Hauler!

Easter is a much smaller group as stated, but spring in the Keys is great.

Key West is ALWAYS a blast. It's a pretty long run if you haven't done a lot of boating in the Keys, I wouldn't recommend this one for your first one. The group has a tendency to get spread out and people get somewhat left behind. If you're good with a GPS, I can send you the coordinates so you won't get lost, mark the available fuel stops, etc.

Jacksonville is a great one also. I might be there this year in a fishboat.

Robert

Last edited by Tonto; 10-15-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Registered

Hey, Rice Hauler I did a poker run with a group of people a couple of years ago that you were in I think. Did you do the poker run that goes from Port clinton to Put in bay up the Detroit river to Widsor Canada??? We ran a 38 Donzi zx I looked at those boats and just couldn't buy one I instead bought a 32 active thunder I'm glad I did!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hot Boat has the Heat Wave poker run in Havasu I have been there a couple of time and had a blast Or the Oshkosh thunder is always a good time
Next year I'm going to try the lake Cumberland poker run
Don
Old 10-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was a LEOPA poker run, (Lake Erie Offshore) then it was probably
Rice Hauler, great guy by the way he should post here more, I hope he will be in Key West

Hey M Howard, the thread is about FPC poker runs (FL Powerboat Club runs) not any friggin run anywhere in the country Sorry I am mean tonight, it must by the wine
Old 10-16-2004, 02:19 AM
Registered

I looked at the website for these poker runs and I'm starting to wonder if my boat is big enuff!!!

Quick Reply: Question of FPC poker runs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.