Notices

My new to me Saber

Old 10-24-2004, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My new to me Saber

Baron,

The Wave Hippie is my old race boat. The Chicago race was a ton of fun. I watched that video about 3 months ago, great memories. The white and red saber that cougarman listed is owned by a friend of mine who lives on Marco Island, I ran that boat in May of this year, she ran 78 MPH with 454s and bravos, boat is super clean.

Whirlygig
Old 10-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

whirlygig: are you lance ? at that chicago race i watched from the break wall where you went from a claim turn straght into the rough it has the best seat in the house 20' away from the boats in that water standing in a wall priceless. i helped the saber boy's a lot back in the early racing day, but now a wife & kids have slowed that but they are just as much fun in there own ways. and we still get to the lake. i have some more pictures of your boat at port huron & some pictures of the old outbroad race boat. i'll see if my wife can help me post them.

cougar: i'll have to see about getting you that video i live in ada not to far from the airport. i can't copy it i only have i vcr left in the house but you are more then welcome to take it and make a copy of it. as for me i,m looking for my snowmoblie suit as we speak heading to lake michigan for one
last ride then pulling the drain plugs out
Old 10-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Registered

Baron,

Yeah, that's me. Good to talk with you again. The Chicago race is still one of my most favorite memories over the 3 years we raced that boat. I have a copy of that video too so if you have some trouble getting a copy to courgarman just let me know and I can burn one onto a DVD for him. Run a search on "wave hippie" and you will find a bunch of pics I posted of the race boat a while back. All good memories.

Lance
Old 10-25-2004, 07:31 AM
Registered

whirygig, is that boat in marco 4/sale? i thought i saw it on boat trader a year ago, or so. Congrats on running wave hippey, guys like you made saber a reputation.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

REV-ON -

That boat was for sale down there a while ago by the original owner. I looked at in in March 2003. Nice guy, owned a Napa store in either Illinois or Wisconsin. Sold it to a friend of Whirlygig this spring, cannot recall his boardname.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Registered

hey bg, Pic. # 77 yellow boat with white bottom, that had twin 7.4's
and was a real cherry, Looks like it may have had a repower by the
looks of that air. Also was in hotboat or powerboat. Sold used 5-6 yrs. ago low hours, man was it tight.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Registered

That boat is owned by a guy named Burt Reynolds. As far as I know it is still 7.4's. The pic above is actually from when LEOPAJM used to own it back in 94 or so. It runs out of the Wharf in Grand Haven.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by REV-ON
hey bg, Pic. # 77 yellow boat with white bottom, that had twin 7.4's
and was a real cherry, Looks like it may have had a repower by the
looks of that air. Also was in hotboat or powerboat. Sold used 5-6 yrs. ago low hours, man was it tight.
Thats the first one i had built ... 7.4's , went to the Hotboat Mag. perf. trials ... what a party BTW, on Larry Flints tab .... boat ran 70.6 back then . That pic was taken the spring of 1995 right after the Hotboat article came out with the 7.4's. (anybody have that article to post?) This was right after the PBM "Giant Killer" article came out and the 28 Cyclone recieved the PBM "Outstanding Offshore Performance" award. That ruined the 7.4 boat for me .... I had to have the Cyclone !!!!! That 7.4 boat is still running around the Grand Haven area with "massaged" versions of the same motors from what I'm told .... still looks great too !!!

BTW ... there were some nice pics of the yellow/white boat and the white/blue/ red "heartbeat" boat running together in the Hotboat article .
Old 10-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Registered

that makes sence, my old 24 was a 1994 and i was just about living and breathing saber back then and remember when the yellow boat switch happened and i could not afford the 7.4 boat. Not to many
saber owners change brands, look at how many retros are done. Do you
think that is common? I think the 28,s serial numbers are high 30,s or low 40,s.I gotta call jim g. and ask him if he reads all this great stuff.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Registered

My friend DaWezel bought the white one with the checked scheme you spoke of, great boat, super clean. I ran it in May and it hooked up well, 78 with 454 mags. Looks brand new.

Whirlygig

Quick Reply: My new to me Saber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.