Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   No Trailer, No Tow Veh., No Problem!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88824-no-trailer-no-tow-veh-no-problem.html)

tomba29 10-16-2004 05:14 PM

No Trailer, No Tow Veh., No Problem!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Check this out..

A friend of mine spent all his time getting the boat together.

Whe he was done he was so excited and wanted to get it wet he didn't realized his steel tralier was completely corroded. Not one to ask a favor he pulled up his other Truck and went to work.

Notice the 3 55gal oil drums......His Current trailer :D :D :D

glassdave 10-16-2004 05:55 PM

Re: No Trailer, No Tow Veh., No Problem!!!!

:D nice. nuthin sounds like a pair of outboards at full boogie. let us know how it runs out. :cool: :cool:

Audiofn 10-16-2004 09:41 PM

Are you in Tortola? Looks like it. I was down there last year and was amazed at how many speed boats there are out there. I also saw Shakin and that boat came from the lake that I go to up in Maine..... Small Small world I guess. I talked to the owner for a while and he was a real nice guy. Said he was going to buy a new quad step....

Jon

yss 10-17-2004 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Are you in Tortola? Looks like it. I was down there last year and was amazed at how many speed boats there are out there. I also saw Shakin and that boat came from the lake that I go to up in Maine..... Small Small world I guess. I talked to the owner for a while and he was a real nice guy. Said he was going to buy a new quad step....

Jon

Looks like the BVIs to me.

R Addiction 10-17-2004 10:04 AM

Looks like a nice boat!! What is it and how fast? :cool:

tomba29 10-17-2004 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah I am in Tortola, British Virgin Islands

The powerplay was GPS @ 76 with five on board in 2 - 2.5' chop. Not bad at all. I think we can get more out of it but he's waiting until the engines are fully broken in to really open it.

Derick (the guy that owns Shakin') is my Cousin. He's put in bigger power and a new set of drives. That baby really moves. Not sure if he's still going for the quad.

glassdave 10-17-2004 06:15 PM

got any more pics of the blue one above. good lookin boat. what is it?

Audiofn 10-17-2004 08:44 PM

Tomba what did he replace the B-max's with? He said he hated them. Did he go for # Drives? That was always one of my favorite boats :D:D

Jon

tomba29 10-18-2004 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
got any more pics of the blue one above. good lookin boat. what is it?

1994 33' Powerplay Sport

I'll post some pics of it when I get back to Tortola.

dykstra 10-18-2004 07:13 PM

sweet :D :D