Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Limey needs help! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88857-limey-needs-help.html)

cookee 10-17-2004 10:46 AM

Limey needs help!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there guys and girls - I am coming over next Feb to Miami for the boat show, and never having been to that end of the country before (been to Chicago and Lake Tahoe before) I am looking for advice.

I am staying from the 15th till the 23rd and was hoping to hire a Harley for getting around on, and need a place to stay as well. The hotels look expensive but there are some apartments that look reasonable in the South Beach area. What is the Deco area like and where is the best place to stay for some good lively nightlife (single male here!).

I believe there is a Poker run on at the same time and I was wondering if there are ever extra seats going could I get a ride - I have beer / gas money! It would be great to compare to what we do over here - our poker runs are a lot smaller with a lot less big V8 power!

Any helpfull suggestions with regard to any of the above would be greatly appreciated,

By the way thats me in the front seat!

OldSchool 10-17-2004 10:51 AM

Re: Limey needs help!

Contact Sydwayz here on the board. He rented a Harley last year for the boat show week.

I prefer to take cabs when I'm in Miami! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Sydwayz 10-17-2004 10:56 AM

Let me do some digging, and I will get you the website of the Harley place I rented from. Great service, and nice bikes. I could not have had more fun.

audacity 10-17-2004 11:10 AM

man...i tell ya....u people need to keep on your side of the pond!!making my life complicated and all(inside joke)LOL...just mess'n...i just signed up on boatmad.

i have no idea what i'll have going on around that time...but bring the post back to the top and we'll see where i'm at. good luck mate.

R Addiction 10-17-2004 11:18 AM

Word of advice.......We drive on the RIGHT side of the road!!!! :D

Waterfoul 10-17-2004 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Word of advice.......We drive on the RIGHT side of the road!!!! :D

LOL!!!! :D

At least a motor cycle can't have the handle bars on the wrong side! :drink:

cookee 10-17-2004 11:52 AM

Craig planning on leaving the bike alone night time! - Any "good" places to go? Should I stay at South Beach or somewhere else?

Sydwayz - Thanks that would be great if you could find out who you used - personal recomendation is better than an internet search!

Audacity welcome to Boatmad - I know Jon and I'm on there most days! I think he and Tony Davis are coming over as well as Matt and his girlfriend so there will be a Boatmad invasion!

Got that Waterfoul - right side of the road - or should that be wrong side of the road :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies - keep em coming!

:cool:

audacity 10-17-2004 02:09 PM

you should come over for the worlds this nov!...that is the only date or place i know for sure i'll be in the moths to come,,,or years for that matter :D

i was going to BM, but you people scare me!

cookee 10-18-2004 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by audacity
you should come over for the worlds this nov!...that is the only date or place i know for sure i'll be in the moths to come,,,or years for that matter :D

i was going to BM, but you people scare me!

Already booked the tickets for February! Would love to come over to the worlds as well but I am a racer not a spectator! Besides I got boats to build! Hope to catch up with you at the show maybe?

Honestly boatmad people are just that - mad about boats - our biggest problem is fuel prices - we don't really bite it's just English humour that's all! :drink:

MadMat 10-18-2004 08:03 AM

I'm quite envious of you hiring a harley, I don't think there's a hope in hell I could persuade Vix to go on the back of one, so we'll almost certainly end up hiring a car, I suggested a viper, but that one didn't go down to well either. :rolleyes:

Should be cool though, really looking forward to it! :D