Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Visiting Lake Lanier... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88941-visiting-lake-lanier.html)

cig1988 10-19-2004 03:20 AM

Visiting Lake Lanier...

A while back I posted a thread about boating in Georgia. Lake Lanier caught my eye and everyone I have spoke to has been very helpfull.(Brian,Tina to name a few) I'll be in Gainesville Friday October 29th thru November 3rd searching leads on lake front properties. It's probably not enough time to check out all the listings my wife and I have reviewed but will make the best of it. As far as our re-location, nothing is carved in stone at this time but this is certainly a start. I'm really looking foward to this short visit and hoping to hook up with ya'all.
Stan

Tonto 10-19-2004 10:12 AM

Re: Visiting Lake Lanier...

Stan,
Sorry I won't be here that weekend, I'm going to the Lauderdale boat show, otherwise I would be glad to show you around from the waterside on the SeaRay. It's a fun lake and you can boat year round. Property runs the gamit on price, you have to look at alot of different areas to find what you want. Demi and I are doing the same thing, currently looking for lake property. If you have time you need to go to Big Creek Tavern and have the Ribeye, they're great, but on Sun. they don't serve alcohol. Also, Up The Creek in Flowery Branch has a great grouper sandwich. There's not many places to go since you're landlocked but you can go to "cocktail cove" or find a secluded cove for a quieter day. You are more than welcome to call me if you wish.
Robert
770-363-2185 C

cig1988 10-19-2004 10:37 AM

Thanks Robert, ribeye is a favorite of mine. Most of all I'm looking for 'em biscuits and gravy. Cant find them up here in yankee land.
Stan

twin screws 10-19-2004 07:14 PM

We will show you where to get those biscuits cig. Maybe we will be able to get that tired a$$ Joker to join us.

cig1988 10-19-2004 07:22 PM

BH: where are you?

THEJOKER 10-19-2004 07:50 PM

Twin Screwed:

I'm hooking up w/ Cig on Friday. Ya want to do something while he's here? Hit me on the NEXTEL - BH

cig1988 10-20-2004 02:37 PM

BH, sent you an e-mail.

cig1988 10-28-2004 06:34 AM

c-y'all Friday

cig1988 10-30-2004 07:26 PM

Pantera572, Greg, thanks for the ride today. Man you've got awesome set up and a great family!

Cash Bar 10-30-2004 10:39 PM

Cig, I may have heard ya'll out on the lake today! I live on the Youg Deer Cove near Cumming. Have not heard many Perf. boats out lately so I notice more. I'm not sure what you are looking for(prop., house,etc.) but I know of a few prime spots. Everyone here is great, that's why i still return here a few months a year. Keep us posted(ha,ha) on your progress and relo.

Greg