Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Through the years, who remembers?... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88961-oso-through-years-who-remembers.html)

Shooter 10-19-2004 08:40 PM

Re: OSO Through the years, who remembers?...

I think the same post is from day one that I can remember....

Duhhhuhhhh what oil do ya use?

Indy 10-19-2004 09:40 PM

I remember those screens :eek: I'm something like #172, there used to be a way to find out your member number, does anybody know how to find that out??

hp500efi 10-20-2004 05:58 AM

Some of us were here before 2000 when the new board came to life. Prior to the new board, the forum was a freeforall :eek: and things were getting pretty ugly. Jeffrey said that we either act like grown ups or he is shutting down the site. Shortly thereafter the new board was announced that required everyone to register.

bajabob38 10-20-2004 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by hp500efi
Some of us were here before 2000 when the new board came to life. Prior to the new board, the forum was a freeforall :eek: and things were getting pretty ugly. Jeffrey said that we either act like grown ups or he is shutting down the site. Shortly thereafter the new board was announced that required everyone to register.

Those were the days!

Payton 10-20-2004 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by gmhdfan
I think Jeffery would be #1. And than Gary- Cigarette1 would be #2. But that was after you had to register to post. Sure was some flaming A holes around before that. Sure were some characters around here before and after you had to register. Everyone remember newspeed :rolleyes:

I think Stinson was right after that. He has to be older than dirt. :p :D

I came here to list a boat for sale at about that time, but didn't realize there was a forum until about 6 months later. I'm # 926

BillR 10-20-2004 06:43 AM

Anyone remember Supercrash? :eek:

gmhdfan 10-20-2004 07:17 AM

Supercrash was like Steve Wilson. He had a couple of names and would argue with himself :rolleyes: :D

David 10-20-2004 07:18 AM

I remember the days! My member # was 61, but someone ahead of me must have gone missing, cause it is now #60. I would have had a lower #, but hesitated for part of a day, when you first had to register (10-2000).

Dano 10-20-2004 07:23 AM

Personally...I think the no login should be brought back as a sideline. You have to admit there was some funny azz chit that went on then. Remember that all black triple fountain (supposedly) from Chicago...man that dude was entertaining.

At least it was about boats then.

David 10-20-2004 07:24 AM

FYI- To find out your current member #, hover your cursor over your name on any post you made, or hover over your name in the active users (logged in) at the top of the forum pages. Check the status bar at the bottom of your browser window, and you will see your member #. Example- mine says
w w w.oso/forums/member.php?u=60