If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailboat Story!

My Boats:
    Whatever you missed your payment on
    In your driveway while you sleep

Re: Sailboat Story!

I am not one to freak out about "What could have happened". But this was close
    38'+ sailboat at full steam vs. a 21 ft powerboat at a direct hit to the side. The worst part is that even if we had jumped (Honestly..we both froze, we should have jumped) we would have still been in this guys way.

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA

He was playin ya, he saw you and knew what he was doing, one thing about sailboaters, they do know their surroundings, they were using you as a mark Good thing the others tacked also, tangled rigging can slow you down. It was a stupid move, I have seen it done before. The danger is in someone swimming or another boat alongside, just not responsible and done intentionally to boot. There is a president of someone shooting a boat with a flair gun to warn of a collision, you could have played that . Just hit a sail, depending on the material it could be 15K

My Boats:
    1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey
    Windham, NH

next time he pulls that crap unload a flare into his sale. when the sailboat friendly harbor patrol arrives, tell them you feared for your life, "officer. my boat has 150 gallons of fuel, I saved his life too".

BTW - did he reak of b.o., wear a dumb hat and have his testicles hanging out of his shorts? most do.
    Chris G.

My Boats:
    cape coral, fl

they dont call them WAFIs for nothing WIND ASSISTED F***ING IDIOTS.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA

Not that I agree but most guys that race do know what is going on around their boat. By going a few extra feet on any tack they can gain or loose quite a bit of ground. I have been racing in million dollar boats and seen the rigging going in and out on two boats. Very exciting. What we used to do when we were in areas that stuff like that happend was send some one up on the bow to let anyone know that we saw them.... I can only imagine your wondering if they saw you or not.....

All I can think about however is that part of Austin powers were the guy gets run over by the steam roller

Put your best foot forward!

Lip-Ship- Grafikworx Glad Platinum Member pm203's Avatar
    MA and NH

Angry Re: Sailboat Story!

How about idling in Boston,s inner harbor in a small inlet which is a no wake zone,and have a 35 foot sailboat with sails up coming up behind you yelling for you to speed up?What is wrong with these people?

SBRT Southwest

Talking Re: Sailboat Story!

Quote Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
    For all the *****ing they do about us.
    So last weekend I am out on my boat entertaining a friend and her dog. We anchored up at the 5 points in Newpot Beach (A designated achorage area within the confines of the harbor, all within the 5 mph no wake zone.)
    So we are relaxing and talking on the deck of the boat (21 ft) and all the sudden a big (40 ft +) sailboat is coming straight at us (Midship) with sails full and racing about 5 other boats. Let me reiterate for those who might be slow to fallow. Racing in the harbor, in the 5 mph area and through a designated anchorage area.
    We both jump up and start yelling at the top of our lungs, so do the other boaters around us. I yell for her to jump off the boat as I dive into the cabin to get her dog (In highnsight I could have never got him off the boat...180lbs rottwieller).
    At the last second...and I can honestly say within 7 (Yes 7) feet, this guy turned on a dime and tacked the other way. I was screaming at the captain and expressing my discontent with his safety measures (It basically came out as "Come back here you F^%$en F&%%tard so I can shove my D*&ck in your ear!!!") or something nauticle like that. They guy yells back "Calm down...I saw you".
    Oh my God!!! This knucklehead actually did this on purpose. Needless to say I called the harbor patrol and when they where done perving on my little boating buddy, they said "These guys think they own the harbor, we will call the other unit that is closer" and they drove off. So 10 minutes later the freakin guy in the sailboat goes by again. In front of the pack! I guess the cops never said a thing.
    So I tried the legal route, now onto plan B. If you all read about some dego jumping on a sailboat in mid race and plundering its captain...That would be me. Because the next time I see this guy in the harbor, we are having words. AND, I am planning on putting some APBA, SCOPE, SBA and Pacific Offshore stickers all over the thing while its sitting at the dock.
    This is war!!!

What's the name of the boat? I'll keep an eye out. PS if you need stickers made let know. I can make anything.

45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's Platinum Member ONESICKGLADIATOR's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Working on something new
    Slowing down so you can catch up

I love the guy that has his sails all up & his motor running. He put his sails up just so he would have the right of way in a no wake zone. The best is the look they give you when you pass them going slow .
    I think the next sailboater we see we should go right for them then running at about 80+ then turn at the last min. just to how they like it.

Sailboaters Suck .

Rick OSG

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Rag Hangers!!

My Boats:
    36 Nor-Tech Super Cat
    Turkey Point Island Edgewater Md.

This is how we handle those types in the Chesapeake Bay!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast