Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WTF? Sarasota Boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89025-wtf-sarasota-boating.html)

cuda 10-21-2004 08:16 AM

Re: WTF? Sarasota Boating

1 Attachment(s)
Time for Russ to call upon his freinds in high places.

CROWN MAN 10-21-2004 08:18 AM

Just a Thought. A protest, Let them know how many people they are affecting. People who pay major tax money on their boats\gas 4 those boats,& water frount homes. The protest should look like the boat races were going on in sarasota.Every person that owns a boat in sarasota should be notified (we can probably get a DMV list?)set A date and a place.Mabe 10th st boat ramp then march downtown? or Ken Thomson Park,Just to let Mote Marine see first hand how stong we are.
WE NEED TO DO SOMETHIG NOW!!!!!!!!!
EVERY BODY THAT OWNS A BOAT SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP THE CAUSE
LAYERS-NEWS REPORTERS -PRINTING COMPANY-ect. WE CAN ALL WORK TOGEHER AND TRY TO GET THIS DONE.
WE WILL NEVER NO IF WE DO`NT TRY!
I WILL DO MY PART
LETS GET IT GOING.

THE CROWN MAN HAS SPOKEN

CROWN MAN 10-21-2004 08:25 AM

I Met Mrs Palmers Dauter In Key Largo In June 2004.
She Was With Her Family And They Arrived By Boat!!!!
Mmmmm.....

cuda 10-21-2004 08:40 AM

The mayor is no fool, she knows boaters help butter her side of the bread.

Formula Outlaw 10-21-2004 09:27 AM

I have a decent relationship with Mrs. Palmer. She was a teacher back in high school when I was there. She was adamantly against any idea whatsoever about doing away with the Tenth St. Boat Ramps, a rumor that got flying around down here.

I will get in touch with her and see what's up. Don't know how much clout she'll have, but she listens, and that's more than most politicians.

Especially our County Commissioners which are as worthless as you know what on a you know what.

Cuda: I almost remember that picture, that was day two of my fourteen week kidney stone ordeal. And there was a LOT of pain medication involved at that point.

cuda 10-21-2004 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Addiction was there that day as well.

hugetime1 10-21-2004 09:36 AM

i was too

L9X25 10-21-2004 09:53 AM

Keith,

I'm right here with you (North of the Causeway) and already have a long trek to get out of the no-wake zones. If they made everything North of the causeway no-wake there would be little reason to keep the boat behind the house. It would be faster/easier to launch the boat every time.

Originally Posted by kr1276
Here is the link to the recommendations that were made at the September meeting. http://myfwc.com/manatee/Agenda_ItemTB_FWC_Sept-04.pdf

I live north of the Courtney Campbell ... These people are are not boaters, just idiots!

Keith

baja27 10-21-2004 10:00 AM

I hear you guys! But what are you guy's doing about it besides bi**hing here on OSO. You guys should really get together and make a protest on the water and have news stations filming the coverage. Get marinas involved , business that deal with boating industry! This is my thoughts!

If they don't hear you they will keep making more laws!

kr1276 10-21-2004 10:31 AM

The link I provided is the final recommendation that was being submitted for approval. Under each of the areas in the letter, you can pull up a map showing what areas will be affected and how. Better than 80 % north of CC will not be affected as originally recommended.

L9X25 - Where do you live and what kind of boat do you have? I live in Bayside and have a 38 Special named RUCKUS