Marine Speakers and Amps...

Notices

Marine Speakers and Amps...

Old 10-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts
Default Marine Speakers and Amps...

Anyone have experience with Diamond Audio?

http://www.diamondaudio.com/

Talked to Andy Buzz today, and the system we designed for Monsoon will probably drain my batteries in 10-15 minutes. Even if I had 4 of them. Back to the drawing board. Apparently 2 subs with 1000 watts into each is bad.

Diamond Audio is coming out with Marine Digital Amplifiers which are supposed to draw much less amperage out of your battery.

We are going with MBQuart 6.5", 6 of them.
Not sure about Subs, probably 10", probably 2 of them, maybe Diamond or MBQuartz.
Might go for some 8" Babbs for volume under the back seat.

Does anyhone have the Pioneer Marine Dash Remote? Have a picture of it? May go with Pioneer or get a new Sony 7705.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-20-2004 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Marine Speakers and Amps...

Brian,

If you are going with the MB Quart speakers and changing the head unit out why not use them through the entire boat?
Old 10-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Good point. Might do that. Looked at the MB Quart HU, and it does not have an integrated Satellite Radio option; and it is ugly as sin. I might go with all MB Quart speakers. It does appear though that the MB Quart Subs are only good for 150 Watts though. That's not enough.

I like the Sony Remote as it has a digital readout on the display, although mine is having trouble as did Rich's. Mine still works, but the display goes out. The Sony 7705 is a kickass HU, with an integrated XM available.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Registered

Now somebody should make a control unit for a CD player and an XM head. Dump the standard FM stuff all together.

We did change over to an MB Quart sytem standard with the NKD116s over the NKA169s with a WND254 running off the the RAA4200. What's your thoughts on that combo?
Old 10-21-2004, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sydways Go with the Sony hu because it also has a great remote and xm, perfect for marine use. I run some diamonds in my boat and the sound quality is excellant. I also have had great success with xtant amps. Don't get the mb quart subs if you really want to pound. They are nice for non box applications but they will not really thunder even in a box. Diamond subs will. MB Quart is working on a sirrius radio deal for their marine stuff and it will be here in the spring. NKD's are the best souding marine speakers on the market. Just my .02 worth. NK
Old 10-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Don Adams

Don't forget to make sure your cd plays mp3 format, better than a changer 250 tunes on one cd

Old 10-21-2004, 08:23 AM
Registered

dotn want to seem like an idiot...what are NKD's...i'm looking for replacement speakers for my scarab. i have a JVC remote head with clarion speakers. the ones in the cockpit got slightly sprayed by the hose when i was cleaning and now there farting, and completely distort and cut out when cranked up