For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing >

For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing

Notices

For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing

Old 10-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing

Many of the members have asked in the past about some of the guys we build drag race and turbo engines for.Here are some of the pics of two engines we recently completed for drag radial competition one of the engines qualified 5th and the other qualified 31 at Orlando Speed World this past weekend. This is the most popular race fro street car and radial tire racing in the country and guys come from all over the country to race it's tough to qualify we were glad to have two cars in the field. Hope you like the stuff.

Here is the cyl heads we used and you can see the port work and seat work how it turned out.

The most important machine work performed on the block is the cam tunnel modification and the use of the large diameter lifters because these engines run spring press in excess of 1100 lbs.

and thats the finished engine ready to drop in the car. We machine and build engines for all types of racing if you need help with any project feel free to give us a call. Sincerely Laz Mesa
Old 10-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing

Yea their was some heavy hitters in town this week. We went out to Race Rock Thursday night. Kinda strange watching 6 sec passes going down the tourist strip (International Dr.) with the cops watching. Lots of NOS consumed last week. My buddy "Maxies" built some motors that ran good out there also. It's neat if you ever watch the movie "Parenthood" by Ron Howard, it was filmed @ Orlando Speedworld and lots of my friends were extra's in the back ground My kids watch and say "There is so and so" What kinda of HP did your motors dyno at?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool stuff! That "street car" stuff is getting out of hand!

We were testing our electronic fuel injected B/A at Houston during the Pro Stock Superbowl in '98 when I saw a Jerry Bickel Firebird Pro Stock car (all black) that had been built as a legal street car running a 813 sonny's piece. It was awesome.
The guy sold that car and built a 57 Chevy and also a Pro Stock (street legal of course ) turbo S-10 truck.
I can't seem to remember his name though, I guess we were too busy ourselves.

Last edited by SummerObsession; 10-21-2004 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rieger was his last name if i remember.We used to race against him in pro street.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats it! Bob Reiger.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

72 chevelle 648" lenco, lots of nitrous=7.23@194
Attached Thumbnails For The Guys Who Follow Drag Racing-drubgwa.gif  
Old 10-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to see the oso drag racers in full form we'll keep posting for you guys Laz Mesa
Old 10-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a few buddies from around here that go down every year, and they always come back with the same old saying.....

THINK YOU HAVE A FAST STREET CAR? COME TO ORLANDO.....

Most of them qualified, but lost first round except Lambert Racing's turbo 5.0 Mustang, "Hammer Time". I used to street race him in that car 10 years ago. He went a few rounds in the radial class and then played pinball with the gaurdrail.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The turbo mustang totally dominate this class along with others. Ford has come a long way with there motor program, now if they could build a big block that would be cool!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Cool stuff! That "street car" stuff is getting out of hand!

We were testing our fuel injected B/A at Houston during the Pro Stock Superbowl in '98 when I saw a Jerry Bickel Firebird Pro Stock car (all black) that had been built as a legal street car running a 813 sonny's piece. It was awesome.
The guy sold that car and built a 57 Chevy and also a Pro Stock (street legal of course ) turbo S-10 truck.
I can't seem to remember his name though, I guess we were too busy ourselves.

It got out of hand awhile back . The the pump gas drags was pretty cool . but you still have the full race cars interring it with a pump gas motor.Its all in how you interrupt the rule and $$$.The local tracks here have the shoot outs all the time . The engine guys love them ,easy money guys blowing there stuff every weekend .We got one guy with a so called street car with a powerglide running 4.30's in the eight.

Look at Moran fixing to break in to the 5's already ran in the 230's.yea that's a street car.He claims 3000hp on a 477ci.The turbo guys have got it figured out and its easy on the parts most of the time.

Laz nice looking heads .

Now why cant we ge good hp #'s out of the 500efis?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 10-21-2004 at 05:20 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.