Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone plop a camper top on their dually? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89255-anyone-plop-camper-top-their-dually.html)

CBR 10-24-2004 05:45 PM

Anyone plop a camper top on their dually?

Experiences please. Interested in campers that can fit in a crew cab long bed, still tow the 30 foot boat off a bumper hitch, AND have a couple of kayaks mounted on top of the camper. Want to head to isolated Canadian lakes with this rig, nasty potholed gravel roads would be the norm.

I prefer the shells that do not go over the cab and are low profile. Only needs to be comfortable for two people for extended periods. Lighter is better.

I have seen a truck with low profile and a "kick up" higher level back end over the closed tailgate. Anyone know who makes this? Not sure that it work work for mounting kayaks on top though.

JPD Motorsports 10-24-2004 10:06 PM

Re: Anyone plop a camper top on their dually?

Check with jason camper shells, leer shells, snugtop shells. low profiles with side window options or deletes, just get the extra clamps for the long bed. Dont have any sites avail to give ya links but do a searh, these are some of the more popular ones.

CBR 10-24-2004 10:34 PM

Super, thanks!

Sydwayz 10-24-2004 10:42 PM

Make sure you install a heavy duty air-bag suspension system. I recommend Air Lift, and others have had good luck with Firestone Ride-right too. Install them with two air-fill stems, one for each side/bag, not one for both.

buck183 10-24-2004 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hard On
Check with jason camper shells, leer shells, snugtop shells. low profiles with side window options or deletes, just get the extra clamps for the long bed. Dont have any sites avail to give ya links but do a searh, these are some of the more popular ones.

All three of those are good names. I would also throw A.R.E. in the hat too.

I used to be a Jason dealer, but recently switched to Leer.

Buck

stecz20 10-25-2004 01:41 AM

how did i know buck would get in on this one, i guess hes used to moving his home around... spittttt pingggggg.... stecz

Wally 10-25-2004 10:04 AM

I just went and built my own! :eek: :D

fred 10-25-2004 10:21 AM

I like Wally's :D

CBR 10-25-2004 10:59 PM

Ohh, sweeet! I have seen a few "houses" like that in the Pacific Northwest. <gg>