Notices

Info on south carolina

Old 10-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Info on south carolina

Flying into savanah and driving into bluffton area 1st.Looking to relocate and I could use some help on where a good neighborhood and school districts are located.Looking to purchase waterfront but I dont want hilton head Island.What should I look for ?No flood zones?Thanks
Old 10-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Info on south carolina

Ck'g out lake lanier near GAinesville, Ga. myself. Be out there this Friday and this is an awsome area. Nothing wrong with the Carolinas but lanier really caught my eye.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Info on south carolina

cig,lanier georgia is it the same lake lanier where the poker run is?what did you like about it?hoping to find waterfront with access to intercoastal.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beaufort area is nice, there should be plenty of lots in that area. Nice place to visit, but I have not ever lived there. I live in upstate SC.

Summerville is nice if you're looking for inland lots. I have a friend in North Charleston I will ask him about the best place to relocate.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
Flying into savanah and driving into bluffton area 1st.Looking to relocate and I could use some help on where a good neighborhood and school districts are located.Looking to purchase waterfront but I dont want hilton head Island.What should I look for ?No flood zones?Thanks
Are you relocating there for work? If so where will your office be? I assume you are working around Bluffton if you are heading there. If so you would need to be looking for waterfront around Savannah, Beaufort, Hilton head Island. It all depends on where you are going to live. There is alot of rural areas around that area so unless you want to drive a long way you are kind of limited to where you can live if being on the water is a must. The Bluffton area has grown A LOT recently and is a nice area...but I also prefer rural areas.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cig,lanier georgia is it the same lake lanier where the poker run is?what did you like about it?hoping to find waterfront with access to intercoastal.

PC,Really not sure on the poker run and never have visited the lake. I am determined to know everything about it by next weekend. ALOT of good people there is all I know for now. The only downfall is it does not connect to the intercoastal.
Stan
Old 10-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Bryan...WTF ??!

We used to have a place on Hilton Head Island...beautiful. Will probably be our choice for retirement whenever that is...

I do remember though that during July and August it got REAL HOT !

Good Luck on your search and post what you end up with !!

- - Wes
Old 10-27-2004, 09:16 AM
Registered

It is the same Lake Lanier as the Poker run was at. Lake Lanier is nice...but the poker run SUCKED. We went a few years ago and it was one of the worst ones I've been too. Oh yeah...what video...no one ever saw the supposed video.

If you are looking for access to the intercoastal you will need wheels on the boat to get there from Lanier.

Good luck in your search!!