Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Callan at the 2004 Shootout (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89294-callan-2004-shootout.html)

JCPERF 10-25-2004 10:38 PM

Re: Callan at the 2004 Shootout

my brother Timmy who works for Pompi told me your chase boat had a real hard time getting to the boat after your run.He said you were sinking.

masher44 10-25-2004 10:43 PM

I am not sure if that boat will look good with the brown racing stripes on the seats now. :D

Canada Jeff 10-26-2004 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by tachyon
The boat has two braking systems. Each drive line has a brake and the boat has two chutes both of which are manually deployed. After the rudder broke, we cut the throttles, the hull settled, and then applied the brakes. We didn't need to deploy the chutes as the boat decelerates amazingly well with the brakes. The ride wasn't as bad from the cockpit. The GPS recalls were 206 and 207...

I forgot about the brake system, are yours electric aplied? Or can you feather the pressure manualy?

jeaston 10-26-2004 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
I forgot about the brake system, are yours electric aplied? Or can you feather the pressure manualy?

How do the brakes work?

tachyon 10-26-2004 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by open wide
Tachyon, did the boat make a hard right turn when the rudder broke? I was at the start line, and when looking down course it looked as if you made a fast right turn towards the end of the course.

It made a gradual right turn after the finish line. We were straight but real loose over the line...

tachyon 10-26-2004 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by jeaston
How do the brakes work?

Electrically actuated hydraulic (titanium) discs with with dual 4 piston calipers. We spin the prop just under 10k rpm at the Shootout...the brakes get a work out when applied.

Lofty 10-26-2004 11:13 AM

Tachyon, I'm looking forward to seeing your new hull. When's it comming out of the mold? I'm planning a trip out your way and want to check out the progress. I understand your're re-powering w/ V12's?

Canada Jeff 10-26-2004 12:29 PM

Apply the brakes to shift to right?

jeaston 10-26-2004 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by tachyon
Electrically actuated hydraulic (titanium) discs with with dual 4 piston calipers. We spin the prop just under 10k rpm at the Shootout...the brakes get a work out when applied.

Thank you, guessing that has something to do with the turbine. The boat really looked good running. Again thanks