Jimmy Spencer was fired

Old 10-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Jimmy Spencer was fired

Spencer Fired From Team Just Days After Being Arrested
Driver Accused of Interfering With Police Officers During Son's Arrest

CORNELIUS, N.C. (Oct. 27) -- Jimmy Spencer was fired by Morgan McClure Motorsports on Wednesday, just days after he was arrested and accused of interfering with police officers as they attempted to serve a warrant on his son.

Spencer, 47, has driven 25 races for the team this season without posting a top-10 finish. He ran 29th in Sunday's race at Martinsville Speedway. The team didn't indicate whether the firing was because of Spencer's arrest.

"Over the past several weeks there has been a steady and gradual improvement in the Morgan McClure race car and Spencer has been an integral part of this drive for success," team owner Larry McClure said Wednesday in a statement. "While his part has been greatly appreciated by everyone here at Morgan McClure Motorsports, it has been decided, by mutual agreement, that it would be beneficial to both the team and to Jimmy Spencer to release him so that he may pursue other driving opportunities within the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series."

On Sunday night, officers went to Spencer's home to arrest James Jonathan Spencer Jr., 18, on a misdemeanor charge of injury to personal property, police records show. He is accused of pouring paint on two cars at a Cornelius home Oct. 6.

The elder Spencer was charged with two misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and resisting a public officer.

10/27/04 13:36 EDT

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press
Old 10-31-2004, 08:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jimmy Spencer was fired

I reckon that'll learn him!
Old 10-31-2004, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Re: Jimmy Spencer was fired

A "local cable channel talk show and ex-radio host" around here had a son who, along with a friend:

broke into a large home while the residents were asleep in it.
ransacked the downstairs level of the home looking for money and jewelry.
dumped the contents of the REFRIGERATOR on the kitchen floor.
took butcher knives and slit the hide on the leather furniture in the living room.
squirted a bottle of Ketchup (bet it was Heinz) into the cooling vents on a high dollar McIntosh amplifier, ruining it.

and when the resident awoke and came downstairs, the invaders fled to the garage. The youths killed the family dog to keep it quiet in the garage, and on their way out they decided to "key" (with the steak knives) all of the three vehicles in the garage.

The homeowner found them in the garage and the son in question charged the homeowner with the knife. The homeowner shot the youth in the shoulder. Police arrived shortly thereafter. Drugs, of course, were involved.

The "local celebrity" went to great lengths in trying to place blame on the other youth, but all sources clearly determined that he was indeed the "ringleader".

Then the "celebrity" went after the homeowner for shooting his son.

** Heaven forbid that the police ever knock on the door for my child, but if they do, I'll put on some clothes and go with him. If they let me, I'll sit in the cell with him. And I'll beg for leniency.

But I don't think I will resist the officers. I don't think I will try to blame anything on another person.

** I'll not miss Spencer from the series.