Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 30' Cigarette? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89631-new-30-cigarette.html)

berns29scarab 11-01-2004 07:40 PM

Re: New 30' Cigarette?

i have to say the right now the best bang for the buck is the 2005 Fountain Executioner....35 ft twin 496's for $160....seems like a no brainer to me...NOW THATS A DEAL !! Definately something one needs to look further into..i know my boss did...looked so far he took delivery of one about a month ago...legit 80mph boat...whack the beak and platform and is still a 32.5 to 33 footer

scottsumrall 11-01-2004 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Ok ..first let me say that ALL CAPITAL LETTERS MEANS YOUR YELLING !
200K for any 30 foot boat is a RIP OFF !

sorry about the caps, do you think that 325k for a 38 topgun is a rip-off? the thing is that with my cigarette mystique, its the only one like it in the world. if you buy baja, fountain, sonic and other brands, they make boats the same ie. paint and set-up. one of my first boats was a baja, great boat but, every body and there brother had one.

Pantera1 11-01-2004 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by scottsumrall
sorry about the caps, do you think that 325k for a 38 topgun is a rip-off? the thing is that with my cigarette mystique, its the only one like it in the world. if you buy baja, fountain, sonic and other brands, they make boats the same ie. paint and set-up. one of my first boats was a baja, great boat but, every body and there brother had one.

Yes 325 is a rip off ..But I guess if youve got it burning a hole in your pocket , spend it ..
Personaly id rather have a 41 or 47 apache if you want a boat your not going to bump into a clone of every day ..And for 325K you can throw a bunch of power in one..
Screw NEW boats , worst investment youll ever make !

thedonz 11-01-2004 08:15 PM

order the TG in white and save $50-$75k..........looking at the boats at the show, I have to agree that the paint is getting too over the top for me as well......I wonder what the opinions will be 4-5 years from now.......they will be dated and extreme......liked the Vice boat, though

cuda 11-01-2004 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1

Screw NEW boats , worst investment youll ever make !

Any boat is a poor investment. Some lose value faster than others.

C M R 11-01-2004 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old
More isn't always better.

Someone PLEASE order a white Cigarette. :eek:

I was talking with a salesman from the Texas dealership. I asked him if he knew if you could still get an all white Cigarette. He looked at me like I was crazy. The colors are nice. Still nothing beats the classic lines of an all white Cigarette.

David

scottsumrall 11-01-2004 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Any boat is a poor investment. Some lose value faster than others.

this is correct, but ol and cigarette just to name a few hold there value better than other boats on the market.

Full Throttle 525 11-01-2004 08:54 PM

Guys:

The boat was awesome!! Simple..all Cigarette. Though I think the price is a bit high..

CigBoat 11-01-2004 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did someboady say an all white Cig :drink:
My new boat :D

epeek 11-01-2004 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by scottsumrall
this is correct, but ol and cigarette just to name a few hold there value better than other boats on the market.

I think thats an myth. Just look what you can buy a used 2000-2001
Tiger for. Compared to what they cost new,the loss in real dollers is
just as high as any other make that probably cost much less new,
Whats the difference if you paid 330k And sold it 3 years later for
200K or you paid 225k And sold it 3 years later for 125K. I say
your even further in the hole with the Cig.