If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    chuckbeecher Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    Anywhere from the Laguna Madre to JAX and beyond

First time to the Lauderdale show and wow! This will be a must trip in years to come. To me this will make me almost throw rocks at Miami..but I'm still going to the show in Feb. much food, liquor, LEGS , Boobs and of yeah..BOATS!!
    Hearing so many different languages from all over the world.
    So many new things this year: Cig 30' very retro..wonder about the 8' beam and double step?
    The 39/41 DONZI cruiser with 440 Yanmars and Arnesons! such speed and fuel economy/range and so classy and stylish.
    The guys from Norway with the Hydrolift Boats..0 to 70 in 9 seconds with single Merc and Bravo 55 mph in 6-7' seas ..record in North Sea crossing.
    Paint jobs have come so far..Concept display across from Cig and all the colors and quality on both sides of the dock!!
    And the Italian and Spanish builders..of course they brought boating to this part of the know , Columbus and Ponce deLeon. oh yeah the Vikings ..that's those Norway boats.
    Can't wait till Feb but really am anxious for next October!
    What impressed other members?
    Last edited by chuckbeecher; 11-01-2004 at 07:53 AM.

Chevy-Harley fan Charter Member gmhdfan's Avatar
    Orlando, Fl. USA

The Party's I don't know if you can even compare the 2 shows. The Miami show is the granddaddy for go-fast boats & parts. Cig seems to always offer something new @ Ft Lauderdale. The 30 looked like it was sitting pretty bow high but a very nice piece. Saw the first Gladiator there a few years ago. I think the big show stopper was the Apache/Mark McManus display. With the introduction of the new Apache and the Awesome hardware and history in one place. Don't forget the Fountain poker run boat that was also there.