Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   November Boating on Lake Travis (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89676-november-boating-lake-travis.html)

thedonz 11-01-2004 05:54 PM

Re: November Boating on Lake Travis

Brent,

Hope you enjoy the weekend. I bought my Top Gun from a fellow who kept it at Lake Travis and it was maintained by Bob at Full Throttle. I had a great time on the lake testing it. I was even stopped by the local water cop for being "too loud". Nice guy, told me about Devil's Cove......nice place, go to Carlos & Charlies for a brew...have fun

Hi Clay,

Have fun on the Harley... you can always bring that red rocket to Florida for some salt water fun!

Frank

bford1 11-01-2004 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fever Fan - Yes, that was me in the 20 year old 357 with the "hockey stick" paint job. Thanks for the compliment. I always launch there at Yacht Harbor and am usually in Devil's cove, Aunt Tilly's or Johnny Finns. If you see us come by and have a beer.

Frank - thedonz - Great handle. Thanks we had a great weekend. Except I am an idiot and I ran out of gas. (All of the gas docks on the Northern part of the lake seem to be closed for the season). ooops Bob was telling me about your Gun. I had seen it advertised there for a while. That is one sweet boat. I want a Top Gun for my next boat. But, I'll have to settle for the old Formula for a while. Too much coin to upgrade right now. I am really surprised you got pulled over for being too loud. Was that while you were underway or in a cove? Was it in Devil's Cove? It's cool that they didn't give you a ticket. I thought the only noise law on a LCRA lake was at idle speed but wasn't sure. My 357 is also extremely loud. In fact it is the loudest Formula I've ever heard. I haven't been stopped yet. But, I have the motors down where they will idle at about 500-600 rpm. It's very choppy with the cams but not nearly as loud as it is around 750-800 rpm. I also make it a point to keep my stern pointed in the opposite direction of the lake patrol when I see them. I've backed out of Carlos and Charlie's a few of times when I've noticed them sitting in there. So far I've been lucky. But, I figure it's only a matter of time before they get me and I have to find some sort of muffler to quiet her down.

Clay Washington 11-02-2004 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by bford1
Clay - Highs in 60s and lows in 40s? Is that what they're saying about next weekend?

Brent

Yep! Here is the latest Weather Forecast for Austin

If I did not have a motorcycle, I would still be boating. Either way, I will have a good-looking, sexy woman with me! :D

Y'all have fun. :cool:

29scarab 11-02-2004 10:56 AM

Wish I was there. Will be home from Iraq in the bottom of Nevember. :D

bford1 11-02-2004 11:04 AM

Hey that's not looking too bad especially Sunday. We ought to be able to squeeze one last lake weekend in.

Friday Nov 5
Mostly Sunny High
63°F
Low
40°F
Precip: 20%

Saturday 6
Mostly Sunny High
69°F
Low
49°F

Sunday 7
Sunny High
72°F
Low
51°F

29Scarab
My hats off to you. Thanks for all you're doing in Iraq. I have several friends and co-workers in either Iraq ot Afg. right now. Take care and have a safe trip back home!

Brent

robyw1 11-02-2004 11:07 AM

Re: Leather Weather

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
Im down to a couple times left, but ill keep going till a freeze comes in and i have to winterize

What is winterizing for Texas? :D:D removing the drainplug and putting the cover on? I keep mine in a parking garage in a highrise condo. That is winterizing for me

Roby

29scarab 11-02-2004 11:11 AM

bford1...

Thanks bro,,,be glad when I'm home. Just have the Coors Light on ice and some weather without rain!!

I'll be there in a PARKA if neede!!

Thanks again!

Shawn

SeaRay Jim 11-02-2004 11:13 AM

This is like the Full Throttle Marine customer thread. :D

Bob has my boat now too. It'll likely be towards the end of the month before I'll get to test her out on Travis once he's got the new motor done and in.

It may be cold, but I need my FIX!! :D

thedonz 11-02-2004 01:30 PM

Thanks Brent....

Have fun with your Formula, that's a sweet looking boat....the cop was actually a nice guy who gave me the heads up on where to go on the lake.....still remember his face when he asked me the power of the engines in my boat and I said "1,ooo hp"...he asked..."EACH?" ...hehehe

Perfectmix 11-02-2004 01:39 PM

Bford
I'd give anything for a forcast like that. I think 72 was the high temp for Northern Michigan this summer. Now it's snow in the forcast!! Have fun this weekend!!
PM