Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   November Boating on Lake Travis (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89676-november-boating-lake-travis.html)

bford1 11-02-2004 03:26 PM

Re: November Boating on Lake Travis

Shawn - Be safe over there. We wish you all the best.

Searay Jim - That's not your 28 Cig in Bob's shop is it? This is like the Full Throttle Marina thread. Actually, I just read your post again and you can't be talking about the Cig. That thing won't be in the water for quite a while now. Well, if you need a boat fix give us a ring Friday. Bob called earlier and the 357 is ready to go.

Frank - thedonz - I still love that screen name. Where were you when he pulled you over? Just curious. I am trying to avoid mufflers on my boat for as long as possible. So far keeping the stern of the boat pointed in the opposite direction of the lake patrol has worked. But, I'm sure it won't last.

PM - I feel for ya man. I bought my Formula in Burlington, VT. Burrrrrrrrlington. I was freezing my teets off up there when I went to pick it up. All the locals were looking at me like I'm crazy telling me it was a nice day. I could sure live without those 100+ degree days down here during the summer though.

Brent

Formula78 11-02-2004 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by bford1
Hey that's not looking too bad especially Sunday. We ought to be able to squeeze one last lake weekend in.

Brent

Looks like I better make it out then!! I'll be calling you later in the week.

BajaRunner 11-02-2004 04:44 PM

Re: Leather Weather

Originally Posted by robyw1
What is winterizing for Texas? :D:D removing the drainplug and putting the cover on?
Roby

well, yes :D

Mudball 11-02-2004 07:24 PM

Hey, where are y'all going this weekend on Travis?

I live on the Bee Creek cove. My dock is just beyond the no wake buoys. I could load up a cooler and meet anyone somewhere, or you are welcome to come by here and meet up! I am about 30 miles by water from Bob and Full Throttle Marine, about 1 mile from Shades and Lakeway.

Searay Jim, I saw your engine parts at Bob's, just after he finished debugging the new HP500 in my little 22ZX!! Awesome stuff there!! We checked out the new stroker crank, I believe a Lunati! Did we meet when I was there?

That still blows my mind! A 540 in a SeaRay!!!!

Take care,
Kent

SeaRay Jim 11-02-2004 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mudball
Searay Jim, I saw your engine parts at Bob's, just after he finished debugging the new HP500 in my little 22ZX!! Awesome stuff there!! We checked out the new stroker crank, I believe a Lunati! Did we meet when I was there?

That still blows my mind! A 540 in a SeaRay!!!!

Take care,
Kent

LOL, I know. I keep thinking about it and start singing, "what the hell was I thinking". It'll be fun though.

No, I wasn't there. I live in the north side of the DFW Metroplex.

In should have requested pictures of the parts before it went to the machine shop. :D I talked ot Bob and he described the crank as a work of art. And yep, it's a Lunati Pro. The biggest delima now is what valve covers and paint sceme. :drink:

bford1 11-03-2004 10:54 AM

Guys - My plans have changed just a little but it may be for the better. I am going to Austin tomorrow. My step father is in the hospital at St. David's in Austin and this way I can spend some time with him. I'll also be closer to launching the 357. But, my wife has decided to stay home. She says it's going to be too cold. I say I don't care. I've boated in a lot colder weather than this. Plus I think it will warm up a little on Sat and Sun.

I've only been boating on Travis for a couple of years now. I do know my way around but not the names of most of the coves. Kent - where is Bee Creek? Is that up North? I usually launch at Yacht Harbor but I can launch it anywhere.

Formula78 (can't remember your name), Kent, Jason, etc. we should all meet up somewhere. What is most convenient and still open? Johnny Finn's and Aunt Tilly's were still open last weekend. I noticed Shades was closed. Carlos & Charlie's? Since my wife isn't coming and the people I usually meet up with at Travis are staying home it's just me. So, let's get together and have some beers. I also need to do a little flogging on my boat. I was going to pull the superchargers off this winter. But, Bob said they may be fine. He changed the lube in them. They were blowing out lube but were overfilled by the previous owner. So, I need to go out and make some boost and see if it is still making a oil mess or not.

Also, since it will be just me I could use a hand pulling the 357 out on Sunday. Formula78 I may hit you up to drive the truck as we pull it out if that's okay. I have a place to keep it nights and launching is easy enough. But, pulling it out is much easier with two people.

Anyway, I will be leaving tomorrow AM and may or may not have access to the internet over the next couple of days. So, give me a call. 210-887-1766 is my cell. I may be in the hospital visiting so pleae leave a message on the voice mail if I don't pick up.

I'm looking forward to what may be my last lake weekend of the year.

Mudball 11-03-2004 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, Shades is closed. I don't know why they close so early...

Johnny Fins should be open. Carlos and Charlies will be as well.

Is there a time and place when everyone wants to meet up?

Brent, Bee Creek is the second cove on the left from Shades, heading north, near mile marker 18. I am about 3-4 miles from Yacht Harbor, and maybe 5-6 from Carlos and Charlies...

BTW: Since the new noise laws are fairly new (92db at idle), most cops on the lake are not issuing tickets =yet=, but likely will beginning next year.
I have mufflers, but they are the Corsa's, which I think are too restrictive for the HP500. I'm going to talk to Bob and order some GGB's one of these days...

And SeaRay Jim, the crank was truly a work of art! You are going to have one incredible engine!

I hope to meet y'all on the lake this weekend!

Here's what my boat looks like...
Kent

bford1 11-04-2004 01:59 PM

Arrived in Austin earlier today and wish I was on the lake. The weather's great. I'm going to splash the boat tomorrow.

Austin Today
1:51 pm CST F° | C°

Currently:
73°

Fair High: 74°

Low: 48°

5 Day Forecast

Today
Sunny
High: 74°

Friday
Sunny
High: 69°

Saturday
Sunny
High: 73°
Low: 50°

Sunday
Partly Cloudy
High: 77°
Low: 55°

Monday
Partly Cloudy
High: 77°
Low: 59°

bford1 11-04-2004 02:00 PM

By the way. Nice looking Donzi Mudball.

BajaRunner 11-04-2004 02:07 PM

Brent I will be putting in tommorrow at mansfield around 6:30. probably cruise around a little then head to carlos and charlies.

Where are you going to be?