Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   4x4 Is It Needed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89728-4x4-needed.html)

ofshore 11-04-2004 10:05 AM

Re: 4x4 Is It Needed

Unless they changed it for 05 you should have been able to get matching bumpers & grill with the sport package as well as the black leather seats and carbon panels on the interior, unless your dealer had the one you bought sitting there on the lot :eek:

Klaw, i get around 16mpg from mine also, i don't know what ford's problem is but our salesman's dodge gets around 21 :rolleyes:

Madcow 11-04-2004 02:35 PM

I didn't get the XLT I got the lariat so maybee thats it. I'm getting around 16 also, but I'm thinking it will get better once its broke in some. I've only had it a few weeks. I drove a frind of mine Dodge back from Florida last year and I got around 24. However he had a banks kit on it.

thedonz 11-04-2004 03:29 PM

banks kit what is that. is that some thing i hear that gives ya like 16 differnt gears?

donz jr mike

Madcow 11-04-2004 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
banks kit what is that. is that some thing i hear that gives ya like 16 differnt gears?

donz jr mike

Gale Banks performance kit. Upgraded computer, intake and exhaust. More power, better milage. The big problem he has is he has gone through 3 tranys in 60,000 miles. The truck also has big tires and thats probably not helping.

cuda 11-04-2004 07:26 PM

Four wheel drive is like a pistol. You don't really need it until you need it badly.

MitchStellin 11-04-2004 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
4LO will ease you out of the ramp like you were empty, it is easy on the gear and you have better control. You can just idle out. When backing in put it in nuetral, it will stop the pull from the rear wheels and save break effort and lurching. 4x4 is a must for that weight, without 4lo you would just stress the heck out of the tranny. Gear reduction man, thats what pulls :D

dykstra 11-04-2004 09:44 PM

4x4 :D

Wasabe 11-05-2004 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by magnum27
Those ramps seem to get slippery at times, go with a 4X4, when the situation arises you will be glad you did. Besides the truck won't look to pretty when it cannot get the boat out of the water because the back tires are smoking. :)

what he said. It's the only way to go... ask BG1 :D:D:D

stretchnout 11-06-2004 01:36 AM

I have a 3500 dually 4 x 2 454 moter and never have any problem pulling my 42 Sonic out. I agree with backing down must be very carefull because it can slide if you go to fast, but I guess I have been lucky since I have never had an issue pulling out and differnt ramps..

wananewboat 11-06-2004 02:48 PM

If you are in Key West, go to the ramp in the dry pits after a race. Nothing is better than watching the trucks without 4 wheeldrive have to use the boat to push them up the ramp when it gets really wet.