Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   appliance repair??????????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89744-appliance-repair.html)

hugetime1 11-02-2004 02:45 PM

appliance repair???????????

just had a guy do some repairs at one of my apartments and i think i got hosed, could some one confirm or is this just what this stuff cost?

I couldn't be there for the repair so my tennent said the would just pay the bill and I would pay them when I got home, I personally would have argued the cost of this bill, but i wasn't there. I have dealt with these people in the past so i didn't think they would hose me but now i think they did.

the repair that needed to be done was a broken handle on a dish washer. the tennents said the repair guy was there a solid 10 minutes to do the repair and then gave the tennants a bill for $159. I called sears to get a price on the part that they repaired and it was $24.95 for the entire latch assembly for the dishwasher. so with a labor rate of $50 per hour, how can my bill be $159? could some one answer this question.

Ron P 11-02-2004 03:08 PM

Re: appliance repair???????????

Parts $25
Labor $50
Hosing the Land Walrus for $84 Priceless :D

Johno 11-02-2004 03:14 PM

$50-00 per hour?? Thats cheap. I charge 1st 1/2 hour (service call) $70--00, $35-00 per 1/2 hour. Did he have the part with him when he arrived or did he travel pick up the part? Call them up & question the charge. $100 would probably more in line
John

Chuck 11-02-2004 03:50 PM

Jason, You would laugh at a $159.00 round of drinks. Take it like a man!! Maybe he owes his landlord too!!! Just messin with ya. Snows coming, better move back soon. Just saw my new place in Old Forge this weekend,F***ing awesome.

rchevelle71 11-02-2004 03:55 PM

$159, could bought a new dishwasher.......almost,

this is the reason I fix all my own chit!!!

excursion 11-02-2004 04:58 PM

I charge a travel trip charge of $20.00 to $30.00 dollars depending on what side of town they are on, and a minumum 1 hour rate even if there 15 mins. I dont know how Sears works there charges but I know the ones around here are on satalite trucks. Some services also have a truck charge flat rate and also a mileage charge.Call Sears they will send you an itemized bill.

mcollinstn 11-02-2004 06:11 PM

I need to become an appliance repair man...

hugetime1 11-02-2004 06:17 PM

i have been thinking alot about it, and first thing tomorrow I will go down to the shop give the mouthy biotch that i spoke with on the phone an ear full, then I will just wreck the joint new york style! I am so sick of scum bags down here in florida.
and I thought you had to watch your back when you brought your boat to a marina to get fixed, I think boats are cheaper than dishwashers. well not really but atleast the boat helps me get laid.

R Addiction 11-02-2004 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Parts $25
Labor $50
Hosing the Land Walrus for $84 Priceless :D

LMAO!!!!! Good one Ron!!! :D :D

gusman 11-02-2004 07:02 PM

next time get off your ass and fix the damn handle yourself!!!! :D