Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Considering New Nor-Tech. Need opinions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89745-considering-new-nor-tech-need-opinions.html)

totalmp 11-08-2004 04:38 PM

Re: Considering New Nor-Tech. Need opinions

Open, The boat was filmed at over 165 about three weeks ago for an Extreme boats TV show, which will air on the Travel Channel in December. It will also be featured in a DVD put out by Extreme Boats Mag running the same speeds.
We have pulled the engines as we will be using them for the bases for our new 1600's, and the boat will be sold with a pair of new 750 Engines to make it more sellable.
As for our engines, We build 1200HP, EFI on pump gas, at 6000RPM that run for over 100 hrs before touching them. Who else does that? Look for us to be in Miami with a complete new line of engines that no one has ever seen before.
How about 850HP EFI naturally aspirated 93 octane w/ 1 yr warranty?

We will be breaking ground on the new shop in the spring which will include a complete dyno facility.

totalmp 11-08-2004 04:46 PM

Open,

You're welcome to stop by and see us anytime. We'll be glad to show you what we have going on right now, including the development of our new engines.

44MTI 11-09-2004 05:41 PM

I wasn't even going to respond to this,But I just can't help myself.
If you talking about how fast a boat is.I think you can compare boats with similar power to determine which hull is most effiecent.I think cyclone has similar power to most race boats. But all of the winning race teams and speed records seem to be going to Skater and MTI.
As for amenities,Vacu-flush STAND-UP head and cuddy.Ease of entry into the cuddy try the 42 & 44 MTI.
Before I went to talking trash about crushing waves and out performing any other cat, YOU might want to ride in a couple of other boats.If you had you would know how stupid you comments are. I have ridden in many MTI's Skater's and Nor-teck 's and while the Nor-teck is a NICE piece, it is cetainly not superior to any of these listed.

Sean H 11-09-2004 06:44 PM

it is a nor-tech... maybe you have been riding in nor-teck's and that is why your are confused. :D

44MTI 11-09-2004 07:20 PM

No confusion here, accept about your post. I was trying to be politically correct, maybe to much so. While I do like the nor- teck and consider Sobo to be a good friend, I bleed MTI and make no bones about that.

Sean H 11-09-2004 07:25 PM

it was a spelling joke... i thought it was funny :D

Sean H 11-09-2004 07:25 PM

i would be happy with either one...

jeaston 11-09-2004 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i would be happy with either one...

Think your right. So would I.

44MTI 11-09-2004 07:35 PM

Sorry I can't spell for chit and not very good with computers either.Every time I try the spell checker I end up sending a post either before i meant to or twice.

jeaston 11-09-2004 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Sorry I can't spell for chit and not very good with computers either.Every time I try the spell checker I end up sending a post either before i meant to or twice.

I think I can understand that big guy.