If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Lawrenceburg IN USA

Trailer Question

I posted this in the cig forum but I am still trying to figure out what to do? I bought a Bullet that has a 2002 eagle (box framed) trailer. I am going to be running the boat in salt water. I would like to know how long it will last if if I flush it every time I use it? I would like to sell the trailer and replace it with an aluminum one but I can't seem to find anyone who is in the market for a decent trailer. It would fit a 28-33 24degree boat.

My Boats:
    Formula 353
    Louisville Ky

Re: Trailer Question

I think you might think about advertising it in the Midwest area. These trailers are very popular here, all fresh water. Then replace it with a good aluminum trailer.
    I do not know how long before you will have issues, but as you already know, steel trailers + salt water = Problems, at some point. I had one a few years ago, that I would take to Florida on occasion. I would spend allot of time before, treating it with a corrosion preventative, and taping over the drain holes in the trailer beams, to keep from getting water inside the beams, where you can not flush it out. I never had any issues, but it was allot of work. But, I was only in saltwater, once or twice a year. At the time nobody offered aluminum trailers in our area when you bought a new boat. There are plenty now. Your case is quite different, I would suggest considering a different option soon.

Lawrenceburg IN USA

Re: Trailer Question

I posted an add in the classifieds and am hoping to find someone in the market! I have not put in the salt water yet as I still don't have it down here. I was just hoping to get some opinions if I don't find anyone who is looking.