If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gold Member Gold Member damdonzi's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Intrepid ~ Boston Whaler ~ Kayaks ~ Windsurfers ~ Assorted Tub Toys
    Kittery Point Maine

Re: D or E load range tires -which do you like?

Thanks guys.

~~~~ Charter Member
    Western New York

Quote Originally Posted by Rippem
    Bridgestone Dueler Revo. Premier tire, excellent traction on all surfaces, quiet and comfortable, really shine in the wet. Now available in E up to 265/16. I'm on my second set on GM HD's
    I just had these exact tires installed this week. 265/75-16 on my Z-71.
    Load Range E.
    It was raining hard when I picked up the truck. Real hard.
    Not one bit of hydroplaning and I drove them 45 miles to my house.
    Tire Rack rates them as the number one all terrain style tire. This is based on reviews by people that own them.
    They are pricey but worth it. $776.00 out the door.

Platinum Member Platinum Member cougarman's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1986 Cougar US-1 46'

I like D, I switched to E once and it about rattled my teeth out . I took half the air pressure out for daily driving
    and would fill them up for a haul.

Couldn't wear them out fast enough.
    Have D's on there again and they are great.

"If some is good, more is better.
    And to much is just enough."
    ----Carroll Shelby

My Boats:
    '70 Donzi 18
    Texas City, TX

like D, I switched to E once and it about rattled my teeth out . I took half the air pressure out for daily driving
    Hmm, my experience was exactly the opposite. (I guess all trucks are different.)

My 3/4 Dodge had D's on it from the previous owner. I didn't realize how crappy the ride was until I wore them out and put OE size Firestone E-rated tires back on. It went from jiggly and wandering to perfectly straight and smoother. I run at 50 front/75 rear and it rides like a champ. Tires last 50k miles or more. Go figure.

Just my .02, I'd never go less than E if you tow with your truck. Heck, if they made F's I'd buy them!

My Boats:
    I aint got $hit

My E's ride nice. suprisingly enough

My Boats:
    85 Formula 302
    Indy, St. Louis, LOTO

Go with the E's. I had E Big O tires on my 1500 suburban, and it was comfortable. My Excursion came with E's, but I wanted 285's to fill the wheel wells, and they were not available in E, so I went with D. Very similar load ability (D in bigger tire vs E in smaller tire) but made the truck mushy. When they wear out (if ever) then I hope Revo's are then available in 285 E.

Back to your question: Get 265 E Bridgestone Revo's. They are the best tire I've ever run (Cooper, MasterCraft, Michelin, Firestone, Goodyear, Kelly, Perelli, Goodrich). I don't think they are built better than other top end tires, but that tread patter is impressive. It's quite, aggressive, sticks on dry and wet roads both, and is simply the best I've ever run in the snow. Don't know about mud, but with large tread voids, it should do well. I rotate them regularly, every 20,000 - 50,000 miles weather it needs it or not, and they are wearing great.

I'm just flatout impressed with the Revo. If only they would make a 285 E.

My Boats:
    98 NORTECH 5000V
    Stafford Va.

I have a 2000 F 350 dually 4x4 stock was the general they sucked, put on the top of the line Mich. ltx m/s great tire made it 45k miles towing a lot. Just tonight put on new Bridgestone dueler a/t revo, 45 miles home in hard rain, so far the best tire I have had on this truck. I went to the Tire Rack read all the reviews on tire's they had that fit my truck the were rated thew best and not the most $$ I paid 140 for a 235/85/16.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB

Can't have too much truck.
    Can't have too much tire.

I am very happy with my current D-Load Range 16" Cooper Discoverer AT tires.
    I am about to order E-Load Range 18" BFG All Terrain KOs for a set of new wheels. I have had both tires before, and they are both top notch.

SBRT Southwest

Unhappy Re: D or E load range tires -which do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by HOUSTONPROP
    neighbor is *****ing about the tire on his new King Ranch,One blew out,front left, and he thinks it's the tire is defective They are e load. Tire came off the rim and put him in the ditch and rolled ,although it was a little wet on that day. he paid 50,000. and insurance said they will pay 38,000. so he's real happy right now .I, feel bad for him ,but I really don't think it was the tires.And now he is wanting to sue any one he can ,glad he is not a Boater. The tool box flew out and looks like it saved him other wise I think IT would have crused him,when the tow truck pulled it out it all came in.
    I'm glad he was alright. Having a tire burst freaks me out all the time. I check my tires once a week for pressure and any funny looking wear. I had a tire pop once. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123