Notices

lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Old 11-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Originally Posted by clearcut3
Another thing you need to think about is schools if you have kids because there is a difference. If you don't have kids then it's not a big deal.

Like Phantom said the lake is down but coming back up. When you were here the lake was probably at or a tad above where it normally is in the winter. It is generally dropped some in the winter but then back up to full.

As for docks the first thing to do is find out exactly what it is permitted for first. If it is not permitted for a hydro hoist make sure you make that a stipulation in any contract, "Seller must have approval from SCE&G for (specify what you want in a dock)". Then the seller will go through all of the trouble to get you what you want and it will save you some headaches down the road. Once you have the approval you are good to go.

The one great thing about Lake Murray as opposed to a lot of the other lakes I have been on is the marinas with restaurants and bars. There are places to hang out during the day no matter what mood you are in.

If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help. As far as knowing how deep the cove is that would be a tough one without actually seeing it. If it has good water now...it will only get better.

Wow, awsome place you've got there! As I said in the last post I visited the 2nd of Nov. Wish I would have gotten a chance to hook up with all of you but time was not on my side. Our current plans with this property is to rent it out weekly etc and to use this as a vacation house for now/future retirement within 10 years or sooner. Do you have any pics of covered docks with or without hydro-hoist?
Old 11-05-2004, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately covered docks are Taboo here if you don't already have one they will not permit you for one. There are several docks in my cove that have hydro hoists...I will try to get some shots when I can.

One thing about Lake Murray...it's like all waterfront property....you can't make a bad investment.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Clearcut3, I went into a few web sites checking out dock builders. Noticed there are alot of davit type lift systems. I'm thinking that the hydohoist's may not work. The property is supposed to have 20+ feet at full pool. What type of hoist would you recomend?
Stan
Old 11-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cig1988
Clearcut3, I went into a few web sites checking out dock builders. Noticed there are alot of davit type lift systems. I'm thinking that the hydohoist's may not work. The property is supposed to have 20+ feet at full pool. What type of hoist would you recomend?
Stan
Jack Wessinger, the dock guy that I recommended, can also give you some recommendations on lifts. His number is 803-345-5857.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Registered

As Phantom1 said I would talk with the dock guys here and see what they recommend. It's not something that is real popular on this lake for some reason. Everybody just drops the boat in when they want to go and then puts it back in the garage when they are done. If the property has 20' at fool pool odds are you are in a place that definitely needs a lift because it can probably get rough. I will be interested to see what you end up with...I have a ski course in my cove so lifts are starting to pop up in here. I actually built my dock myself and built it with the thoughts of a lift going in next...but I need to get off my ass and by another boat first

You could also PM DaveHam on the board...he has a lift that he keeps his formula on but I'm not sure what kind of lift it is.

I'm sure Jack can hook you up on the best options that are available.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks, I'm calling Jack now. Got a quote of $15-25,000
Old 11-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

I see ClearCut3 and Phantom are taking care of your questions, so I will just tell you Lake Murray and Columbia are a great place to live. If you make it back down give us a call and we can show you around.

Jan

Cell 803-413-0769
Old 11-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Registered

stan...call me...i found my nextel, but PTT aint workin...the phone was sitting out in the rain...

516 455 1200
Old 11-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Registered

Hey Mike, I noticed the Lake was down quite a bit. How often does this happen? I was in Lake Murray Tuesday the 2nd just on a whim. Wish I would have known there was someone on the site w/a MLS service. I am working with a local agent in Irmo and really like the home I saw. If you can get Jack's ph# I would really appreciate it. Any idea what a covered dock will run and what to expect?
Cig1988~
Here are a couple of photos that show you what the water "used" to look like before they lowered it.
1) Our cove before water lowered
2) Our dock before water lowered
3) View of our home/dock before water lowered
Attached Thumbnails lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL-scan7cove.jpg   lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL-scan3dock.jpg   lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL-scan5house.jpg  

Old 11-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

Does anyone boat at Lake Murray and know this area good?
Stan
I have lived on Lake Murray for about 19 years and really enjoy it. The lake is well marked and easy to navigate, large number of performance boats and usually something going on most weekends. Long boating season and Columbia has a good bit to offer. Not far from Charleston if you want to take your boat to the coast, several other lakes within a short drive. Columbia is growing and Lake property keeps going up.

Quick Reply: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.