Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89829-lake-murray-check-call.html)

Sunrise Girl 11-05-2004 01:57 PM

Re: lAKE MURRAY CHECK IN CALL

3 Attachment(s)
Cig1988~
And here's after the water was lowered :(
1) Cove after
2) Dock after
3) House (and weeds :mad: ) after

However, the water is on the way up and next summer is going to be awesome on Lake Murray! :drink:

~Cat

OldSchool 11-05-2004 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Wigginout
Cig1988~
And here's after the water was lowered :(
1) Cove after
2) Dock after
3) House (and weeds :mad: ) after

However, the water is on the way up and next summer is going to be awesome on Lake Murray! :drink:

~Cat

:eek: :eek: WOW!!! That's quite a difference.

cig1988 11-06-2004 06:04 AM

Mrs w/Jan and all,
You all are making my decision very easy! The property is in Lake Murray Estates with plenty of water now. I've got to step into work today to pickup a fax from the realtor on the restrictions from the sub-division. I have the contract in hand and have a good feeling of sending a binder and offer on Monday. The owner is leaving for Italy on Tuesday for 2 weeks and hope it all pan's out.
Still waiting for a copy of the dock permit for restrictions on that issue. From what I was told there are several "lake god's" that issue the dock permit from SCE&G. If for any reason the permit needs to be modified is it an easy process? Looks like I'm going for a cradle type lift with 4 serious pileons to support the weight (10,500 lbs) of the Bullet. I was'nt clear if that needed to be specified in the permit.
Stan

superwrench0166 11-06-2004 07:53 AM

Wait till you all see the newest latest boat addition to the lake next sping he he he i wonder who on here knows who is getting it

cig1988 11-06-2004 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by superwrench0166
Wait till you all see the newest latest boat addition to the lake next sping he he he i wonder who on here knows who is getting it

? :eek:

clearcut3 11-06-2004 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by cig1988
Mrs w/Jan and all,
You all are making my decision very easy! The property is in Lake Murray Estates with plenty of water now. I've got to step into work today to pickup a fax from the realtor on the restrictions from the sub-division. I have the contract in hand and have a good feeling of sending a binder and offer on Monday. The owner is leaving for Italy on Tuesday for 2 weeks and hope it all pan's out.
Still waiting for a copy of the dock permit for restrictions on that issue. From what I was told there are several "lake god's" that issue the dock permit from SCE&G. If for any reason the permit needs to be modified is it an easy process? Looks like I'm going for a cradle type lift with 4 serious pileons to support the weight (10,500 lbs) of the Bullet. I was'nt clear if that needed to be specified in the permit.
Stan

The dock process is not to bad you just have to make sure you deal with the right person. Tommmy Boozer of SCE&G is over the lake but can be hard to reach because he stays busy. If you need to have some modifications done call 803-217-9015 and ask to speak with Curtis Stockman (SCE&G). if you can't get Curtis PM me and I will let you know who NOT to talk with (don't want to post in an open forum).

Also if they happen to ask what size boat it is tell them it is a 28' cabin cruiser that weighs 10,500 lbs. There is a long standing rule (few people know about it) that boats over either 30' or 35' aren't supposed to be kept at private docks for extended periods of time. The reason the law is there is so people won't park 85' house boats at their dock. They do not enforce this but it is in place. Compared to other lakes Murray is by and large one of the most laid back lakes with extremely low regulation :)

Good luck...it will be nice to see another Cig on the lake :drink:

clearcut3 11-06-2004 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by superwrench0166

Is it a 32' Skater with SSM #6's on the back :eek: :D

I saw a solid white tunnel going through Chapin a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get a good look at it but it looked like a Skater from a distance. I could definitely make out the #6's on the back though...it's hard to miss those things :D

Who bought it :confused:

cig1988 11-06-2004 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by clearcut3
Is it a 32' Skater with SSM #6's on the back :eek: :D

I saw a solid white tunnel going through Chapin a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get a good look at it but it looked like a Skater from a distance. I could definitely make out the #6's on the back though...it's hard to miss those things :D

Who bought it :confused:

Sounds like my kind of water! Nothing like the sound of couple of big blocks echoing on the lake.

superwrench0166 11-06-2004 03:50 PM

eliminator daytona 33' canopied the boat you saw i think is that raceing boat which runs mainly offshore i have seen it alot

jtmiller02 11-06-2004 08:45 PM

Only boats I ever see in chapin are start with john, bass, or sail. But then again, I'm only there 3 times a week. I think i know what you're talking about though, can't wait to see it.